• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - (EQ Quest) Trust is Earned, Outsider (1 Viewer)

RedCents
833¢
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm on the task "Trust is Earned, Outsider" in Timorous Falls and I'm stuck on the part where I greet the paladins, one gives a blue text, and I'm supposed to respond with the proper text to earn their trust which EQResource says to just click the blue text. When I click the text though, instead of it advancing the the next part, it says, "A loyal guard dismisses you with an eye roll as he returns to the task that you just interrupted," and I'm stuck on that part. No other guard will respond with a hail and if I use the phrase with a different guard, it says the same thing about dismissing me with an eye roll. How do I advance past this point?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm on the task "Trust is Earned, Outsider" in Timorous Falls and I'm stuck on the part where I greet the paladins, one gives a blue text, and I'm supposed to respond with the proper text to earn their trust which EQResource says to just click the blue text. When I click the text though, instead of it advancing the the next part, it says, "A loyal guard dismisses you with an eye roll as he returns to the task that you just interrupted," and I'm stuck on that part. No other guard will respond with a hail and if I use the phrase with a different guard, it says the same thing about dismissing me with an eye roll. How do I advance past this point?
I'm not sure it's any consolation, but you aren't alone. Might be a bug that has to be fixed:

You may be saying the phrase to the wrong to guard as some are mobile and walk around. click the blue phrase and see exactly what your toon says. then that to each guard in the area and see if you get the update.

i kept at it an it finaly worked he was guard walking to the right as ya leave the door

as far as i recall the guards are on a timer after you hail them and click the text etc. you have to speak to different guards to complete that step. its been a few months pardon me if im incorrect. if other players are around perhaps they hailed before you did

as far as i recall the guards are on a timer after you hail them and click the text etc. you have to speak to different guards to complete that step. its been a few months pardon me if im incorrect. if other players are around perhaps they hailed before you did
I petitioned this quest on one of my toons who needs it as the very last quest he needs, I got back an answer saying it is confirmed as bugged, no ETA on a fix.

Question - (EQ Quest) Trust is Earned, Outsider

Users who are viewing this thread

Back