• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - a little advice (1 Viewer)

RedCents
394¢
I am definitely a creature of habit. I have used rgmercs for all 6 of my tunes since I came to RG 3 -4 years ago. It still works but isn't being updated and a couple of my tunes are using lower level spells. How would I go about jumping to Lua rgmercs? I tried finding a guide but couldn't. I have never used Lua. Should I run kiss assist on all of them? or maybe a mixture? what about the CWTN plug ins I read about. What are other people doing? I am a casual player and always liked to play one of my guys while mercs handled everything else.

Thanks! for any input.

I am definitely a creature of habit. I have used rgmercs for all 6 of my tunes since I came to RG 3 -4 years ago. It still works but isn't being updated and a couple of my tunes are using lower level spells. How would I go about jumping to Lua rgmercs? I tried finding a guide but couldn't. I have never used Lua. Should I run kiss assist on all of them? or maybe a mixture? what about the CWTN plug ins I read about. What are other people doing? I am a casual player and always liked to play one of my guys while mercs handled everything else.

Thanks! for any input.
I did the transition from RGMercs to Lua version and it wasn't too difficult. You'll want to watch the post so you can get it on the downloader. Then run the following command like you would normally do with RGMercs. https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/rgmercs-lua-edition.3040/

/Lua run rgmercs

The commands are a little different now, but not too bad to pick up on. This link will help guide you on the commands.

Free_Sid

I have to say that being a non programmer myself, that I really enjoy CWTN's plugins. I can't say enough in favor of them. It just makes this thing so easy and maintenance free. If you use KISS or MAUI (which I did) then you are constantly fussing with ini's and spells. You don't do any of that with CWTN (except to go buy the spells lol). I used RGMercs and the Lua for my bard before CWTN came out with their Bard Plugin and it was pretty good. Took a little to figure it out but not bad. Shit it takes a little bit to figure any of this out.

This is the key for me, it let's me play the game rather than mess around with the software to make my group run. Has made the game a lot more fun for me to play. Simple as that. Yeah it costs a few bucks, but it is totally worth the money.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck and have fun.

Vrak

Question - a little advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back