• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - About Grp combination, with 3 mages (1 Viewer)

Pwentti

RedCents
70¢
Hi,

I have been playing with 3 x mages, SK, Enchanter and Sham.
Now I am wondering that what would be a better combination, as I think shaman and enchanter kinda overlap each other.
Would it be better for GRP dps, if I get rock n' roll star there, aka, bard? just to cover up enchanter and sing that haste for all melee dps pets?

3 x mages, with their Aliance and "of many" do insane damage.

Just kinda hope, that those alliance things would be casted sooner in every fight... atleast in MQ2Mage.
I am lazy, I could do it by hand and cast it in rotation, so it would be up sooner. I used to do it. But now it's kinda in situations, when there is a boss and adds.

Anyways, what would be more dps giving combo, with 3 mages? Or should I try something totally different?

EDIT: I am not getting 3 more mages! :D

well, mq2mage uses it when it is intended to, usealliance/forcealliance, and/or allianceburnonly --- so if you want it to use alliance outside of burns, turn that off. and if you want a broader mq2mage discussion you should post in that discussion thread

re: 3 classes in a group

- you're almost always better having more synergy with a mix of toons than you are stacking with 3 of the same class - especially for things like alliance usage due to mana cost and sustainability with it

re: of many

- june 2023 they changed it to 3 tiers, 1-2 pets, 3-6 pets, and 7+ pets instead of the older needed number.
- bards have swarmies, necros and bsts have swarmies - all three of these bring a lot to a group with a mage or 2 mages

Ok, thanks Sic!
I was totally unaware of those chances.

And sorry, that you had to correct me, again...
I will try to learn of things from that mq2mage discussion.

Drop a mage, add a druid. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Extra dps, heals, some synergy and ports.
Not to mention druid skin for your casters
This is horrible advice, Druids are horrible group members and will slow down everything you want to do. You don't need another priest. Drop one of the mages and add a wizard in its place. Keep the shaman absolutely. Enchanter or bard either one is fine.

Hi,

I have been playing with 3 x mages, SK, Enchanter and Sham.
Now I am wondering that what would be a better combination, as I think shaman and enchanter kinda overlap each other.
Would it be better for GRP dps, if I get rock n' roll star there, aka, bard? just to cover up enchanter and sing that haste for all melee dps pets?

3 x mages, with their Aliance and "of many" do insane damage.

Just kinda hope, that those alliance things would be casted sooner in every fight... atleast in MQ2Mage.
I am lazy, I could do it by hand and cast it in rotation, so it would be up sooner. I used to do it. But now it's kinda in situations, when there is a boss and adds.

Anyways, what would be more dps giving combo, with 3 mages? Or should I try something totally different?

EDIT: I am not getting 3 more mages! :D
Mage alliance is a crap spell. You will reduce your dps if you're casting it.

If we are talking about group content:

Like what was mentioned before. Changing the enchanter out for a bard would be the best bang for the buck. Even if he sits there and just twists songs.

IMO mezing is a waste these days. Only reason to log in the chanter is to grab a 5 hour mana buff and log it out.

I wouldn't worry with Mage alliance either. As stated its not efficient at all.

This is horrible advice, Druids are horrible group members and will slow down everything you want to do. You don't need another priest. Drop one of the mages and add a wizard in its place. Keep the shaman absolutely. Enchanter or bard either one is fine.
Overall I agree. I was suggesting it with his specific group make up a druid could be useful. Although don't sleep on a druid's dps. It can be surprising at times

What I ment with the many was bit off. I was trying to talk albout that 3 x mages can use Firebound Conjunction
(https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=65474) practically for every mob.
Just need to make a macro that rotates the cooldowns so, that it is always up, and is casted first. Mage that is not casting it, will cast malo first, then go to normal nuke sequence.
I have found that this is quite alot damage, if done right.

What I ment with the many was bit off. I was trying to talk albout that 3 x mages can use Firebound Conjunction
(https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=65474) practically for every mob.
Just need to make a macro that rotates the cooldowns so, that it is always up, and is casted first. Mage that is not casting it, will cast malo first, then go to normal nuke sequence.
I have found that this is quite alot damage, if done right.
yes, that is the alliance spell. as mentioned since you said mq2mage. we already do that if the alliance conditions are met.

Question - About Grp combination, with 3 mages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back