• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anyone Raid on A Mage, have a setup? (2 Viewers)

RedCents
6,803¢
I saw the NoS Guide but it seemed kind of incomplete? It was just a 120 single target and AoE cast sequence

Anyone have a full spell setup what AA skills they use on what keybinds etc?

Like do you use more than just the 4 spells and Pet Attack, Swarm on a keybind? Do you use AAs as well? Etc. And what do you burn besides AoE burns?

Now obviously like stated above CWTN plugins are great etc, but if you want to manually play a mage then you should be doing as for LS:

For AA burns I personally do:
Silent Casting (whenever its up just to help)
Heart Skyfire
Improved Twincast
Spire Elements (Only use if NO COP or Auspice is running as your already at max crit rate with those running)
Frenzied Burnout
Focus Arcanum

AA clicks whenever up and active:
Force of Element
Thaumaturge's unity whenever your start raid / med break or if you die then refresh it
Heart froststone/shield of elemenets/dimension shield all help for AOE / melee damage because as a mage you should have a 2 hander and meleeing mob for extra Deeps.

Clicks needed as a mage (only what I use but im also not a pro)
BP Clicky
Staff of elemental mastery: (which ever one you want to use just to reclaim energy)
Bifold focus of the evil eye (is a must for this class)
Summon a molton kolmoite ball (whichever it is for LS i dont know off top of my head and click it with force of elements)
ALWAYS when switching targets have a /pet attack and /pet swarm button to allow all swarm pets and main pet to attack.

Spells Cycle through:
Ravening Servant
Fusillade of Many
Chaotic Magma
Spear of molten Dacite
Twincast (make sure you get RK3 its best)
Keep up 2 AOE spells for AOE mobs, Falchions and Molton one
I always kept up Shield line to absorb magical attacks to help but im always with a crappy shaman / druid
keep pet spell up
burnout spell for pet
Monster summoning to dip out of combat RQ and regen mana

I used mq2mage for a few years as a mage in a real-person guild. Make sure Campradius is small so the pet doesn't go in too early and has a manual mode setup. It takes care of itself.

Now obviously like stated above CWTN plugins are great etc, but if you want to manually play a mage then you should be doing as for LS:

Heart Skyfire
Improved Twincast
Spire Elements (Only use if NO COP or Auspice is running as your already at max crit rate with those running)
Frenzied Burnout
Focus Arcanum

Force of Element
Thaumaturge's unity whenever your start raid / med break or if you die then refresh it
Heart froststone/shield of elemenets/dimension shield all help for AOE / melee damage because as a mage you should have a 2 hander and meleeing mob for extra Deeps.

BP Clicky
Staff of elemental mastery: (which ever one you want to use just to reclaim energy)
Summon a molton kolmoite ball (whichever it is for LS i dont know off top of my head and click it with force of elements)
ALWAYS when switching targets have a /pet attack and /pet swarm button to allow all swarm pets and main pet to attack.

Spells Cycle through:
Ravening Servant
Fusillade of Many
Chaotic Magma
Spear of molten Dacite
I always kept up Shield line to absorb magical attacks to help but im always with a crappy shaman / druid
keep pet spell up
burnout spell for pet
Thanks So Much!!!

This is for a Raiding Guild where we don't use MQ. I'm A Plugin Whore.
@RobRenfro you’re not a plugin whore…you’re a plugin cuckold … because you like to watch them go…with multiple boxes…

orgy cuckold GIF

Heart Skyfire
Improved Twincast
Frenzied Burnout
Focus Arcanum

Force of Element

BP Clicky

Spells Cycle through:
Ravening Servant
Fusillade of Many
Chaotic Magma
Spear of molten Dacite
keep pet spell up
burnout spell for pet

This guy knows how to Mage.

If it’s the mage guide sancus wrote that literally is a step by step including decision tree for what to use when. He is arguably top mage and does extensive testing to figure out optimal configurations. Literally coded a macro around that at one point and was one of the easier ones I did as it was so well written

Question - Anyone Raid on A Mage, have a setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back