• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Aug selecting (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
Is there already, or would someone see it possible to make an Lua to suggest or even equip the best augs based off of a selection of weighted stats via a class or drop down?

something that would check your inventory for the augs you have equipped and in inventory, weight them, and then either equip for you or recommend where you equip them so you have your best augs in your gear.

AC augs with HDex vis AC with HP for tanks,

HDex for melee and so on and so on.

i have no programming skills at all but i would absolutely love something like this to take 2 mins and tell me im holding a 8 HDex aug i forgot to equip and that it would replace a HStr i was using.

Something like this:

Is there already, or would someone see it possible to make an Lua to suggest or even equip the best augs based off of a selection of weighted stats via a class or drop down?

something that would check your inventory for the augs you have equipped and in inventory, weight them, and then either equip for you or recommend where you equip them so you have your best augs in your gear.

AC augs with HDex vis AC with HP for tanks,

HDex for melee and so on and so on.

i have no programming skills at all but i would absolutely love something like this to take 2 mins and tell me im holding a 8 HDex aug i forgot to equip and that it would replace a HStr i was using.
While I do not think anything like this exists, there are some items that may help you already. Mostly because the "best" augs can be subject to interpretation. One person may choose one path for their toon while someone else goes a different way.

I think the area of concern here would be allowing automation to choose for you and then removing/adding augs or even worse, deleting them. Some of these actions may be best left done manually but with a combination of the sites available that list the augs (eqresource.com, raidloot.com, etc) and the tools below, you can determine which ones you want for each toon and then go get em =)

https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/geartomake-lua.2865/ - not for augs, but helpful

Unless you're trying to top the Magelo lists for a specific stat, this level of granularity is completely unnecessary in modern EQ. The difference in shifting a few points of one stat or another is not going to translate into noticeable gains. Those +3 extra points of hDex are not going to suddenly unlock 1000's of extra DPS, for example. The game content, especially group content, is so easy that you don't even need gear from the current expansion to complete it, let alone any need to fine tune stat distribution. This is unfortunate, because a common theme in RPGs is to have some level of stat distribution "mini-game" that many players enjoy doing. Modern EQ, the numbers are so big (hStats in the 3K-4K range, HP in the 600K-800K+ range) that small shifts from replacing individual items and augs don't move the needle. And then there are the back-end formulas that take your character stats and translate that into actual performance. The devs have very tightly constrained the window of what is a possible outcome (ie, you're never going to stack enough Agi to push your dodge chance high enough to become unhittable or have enough AC to mitigate 90% of incoming damage).

Personally, I've simplified it down to the point where I just take the newest augs from the current expansion and replace the oldest aug I have, regardless of what stats it has. Each expansion has 3 tiers of type 7 augs and a maximum of 3 augs per tier that you can equip (there are 4 aug choice per tier, but 2 of them share a lore group and can't be equipped together, so effectively 3). That's 9 type 7 augs from current expac to cover 19 slots, so you only need to go back 1 expansion to be completely covered. I do this for all my characters, regardless of class. They all wear the same type 7 augs and whenever I get a new aug for a character, I take out the oldest aug they're wearing.

Unless you're trying to top the Magelo lists for a specific stat, this level of granularity is completely unnecessary in modern EQ. The difference in shifting a few points of one stat or another is not going to translate into noticeable gains. Those +3 extra points of hDex are not going to suddenly unlock 1000's of extra DPS, for example. The game content, especially group content, is so easy that you don't even need gear from the current expansion to complete it, let alone any need to fine tune stat distribution. This is unfortunate, because a common theme in RPGs is to have some level of stat distribution "mini-game" that many players enjoy doing. Modern EQ, the numbers are so big (hStats in the 3K-4K range, HP in the 600K-800K+ range) that small shifts from replacing individual items and augs don't move the needle. And then there are the back-end formulas that take your character stats and translate that into actual performance. The devs have very tightly constrained the window of what is a possible outcome (ie, you're never going to stack enough Agi to push your dodge chance high enough to become unhittable or have enough AC to mitigate 90% of incoming damage).

Personally, I've simplified it down to the point where I just take the newest augs from the current expansion and replace the oldest aug I have, regardless of what stats it has. Each expansion has 3 tiers of type 7 augs and a maximum of 3 augs per tier that you can equip (there are 4 aug choice per tier, but 2 of them share a lore group and can't be equipped together, so effectively 3). That's 9 type 7 augs from current expac to cover 19 slots, so you only need to go back 1 expansion to be completely covered. I do this for all my characters, regardless of class. They all wear the same type 7 augs and whenever I get a new aug for a character, I take out the oldest aug they're wearing.
100%.. unless your min/max for e-peen (e-vag?), we are so inflated that it doesnt matter. I also do the least to most, works fine.

Also, raidloot.com lets you tweak "your values" to displayed values, so can look at whatever augs you want, with whatever values you think is right, and build your list off there. Though, cant go wrong using the last 3 xpac player type 7/8's that gives your 9 BIS. Can up this to 12 (go 4 xpacs back) and wont even notice it...

Also, raidloot.com lets you tweak "your values" to displayed values, so can look at whatever augs you want, with whatever values you think is right, and build your list off there. Though, cant go wrong using the last 3 xpac player type 7/8's that gives your 9 BIS. Can up this to 12 (go 4 xpacs back) and wont even notice it...
Don't forget to throw the Anny Tower into that mix as well.

The other piece to this analysis I use is this Lua script below to do a search for relevant augs from my inventory or bank, to decide which ones to switch out. I have a ButtonMaster button that launches both the AugCheck script, as well as the FindItemSet script for them to work together for advising me.

Lua:
/lua run augcheck
/lua run finditemset
/timed 5 /augcheck empty

Aye, I recently took my experimental group with a tank decked out in t1 ToL gear, without any augs at all...and a supporting group that had maybe 3-4 slots each of ToL t1 group gear, the rest was a mix of the last tov/cov gear...was able to jump directly into t1 of LS without any problem. LS is a super weak expansion. I haven't bothered even attempting to obtain augs in the past 5 years. I get a random drop, I'll slot it on my main, but otherwise, can't be bothered

Request - Aug selecting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back