• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - August 2024 Updates - live 21st; test 13th (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,157¢

August 13, 2024

*** Items ***

- Changed the icons of some gem items to match the color specified in the item's name.
- Inner Turmoil (Raid) - Fixed the 'Destroy the rubbish' effect on the Trash item. The cast and recast times were removed and the number of charges has been set to 1.
- Daily hotzone quest rewards for levels 100 and 105 now have stats and sockets.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Altered the way rares spawn in the Dranik Sewers, Catacombs, and Hollows instances. After killing a number of NPCs in the zone, the chance for the rare to spawn will be activated. They will not spawn 100% of the time, but their chance to spawn has been increased.
- Altered the way that Xenevorash spawns and activates so it will now be loot-locked.
- Missions from The Burning Lands that take place in Plane of Fire will no longer send corpses to the graveyard.
- Added a calendar event that highlights when the Extra Life bonus period will happen.

*** Spells ***

- Shrink spells will no longer cause pets to grow if they are already smaller than the new spell would make them.
- Spells that triggercast the highest rank of another spell should no longer consume an extra Frenzied Devastation counter.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added the item quantity, item name, and sender's name to the chat message when receiving a parcel delivery.
- Auras will no longer cast shadows.
- Improved zone server performance to reduce lag spikes during raid wins.
- Reduced world server lag during raid events.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Expansion column on the Server Select screen to be blank for servers with Laurion's Song unlocked.

*** UI ***

- Added a minimum height to the Task Selection window's list of offered tasks.
- Added commas to the DoN currency, coin, and Alternate Currency quantities in the Inventory window.
- Adjusted the default column widths of the Alternate Currency list in the Inventory window.

- Changed -

EQUI_BlockedBuffWnd.xml
EQUI_BlockedPetBuffWnd.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_TaskSelectWnd.xml
InventoryWindowAltCurr.html
InventoryWindowInv.html
main.css

need a
  • Saying we fixed mobs under the ground when we didn't fix shit
  • Bard gem stuck bug is still alive and well

I say you all may be looking at the speculative server lag lines incorrectly...
- Auras will no longer cast shadows.
- Improved zone server performance to reduce lag spikes during raid wins.
- Reduced world server lag during raid events.
I posit that the Auras casting shadows is the only change made... Too many raiders running with multiple auras up for vanity purposes (I have been there myself in the past). Now that they no longer have shadows, this by itself is expected to reduce server lag while raiding. :dance:

Yes, I understand this is mostly tongue in cheek. They probably did a deep dive into cleaning up code and made some changes on the backend to allow for better efficiency which they are not allowed to tell us. I just love the fact they put the "removed shadows from auras" bit was right there before they talked about improved server performance. It just sounds so good together.

~TheFiddler~

Patch - August 2024 Updates - live 21st; test 13th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back