• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard Weapons (1 Viewer)

Hooked Dagger / Mace (dmg --- 24 delay offhand)
Hooked Dagger / Axe (dmg)
Hooked Dagger / Sword (lifetap/survivability)

Rapier for stun

I've done a lot of testing - it mostly seems to be a wash outside of procs, i was using hooked and sword early on for survivability, but going to swap to mace in offhand and see how i like that

For random/leveling grouping i go for heal mace and stun piercer, will admit i have not tested the difference (and could largely give a rat's ass about optimizing BRD dps in that setting). Granted, it likely doesn't matter much at all anyhow.

I use hooked dagger mainhand and rapier offhand because I ALWAYS forget to mem stuns for Kar. Yes....I really selected weapons based on a single event because i can't remember to swap spells...I'm that guy <facepalm>.

Honestly, bard's are like clerics to me.. they get whatever nobody else needs. Though on the free trade servers, thats not a huge thing, just juggle around if I want to change it.

I have always run Hooked Dagger in (Main), Lifetap sword in (Offhand)

I have tried the mace in (Offhand) and saw a alight decrease in DPS. This was only from 8 hours of testing however.

in my testing, there's a significant difference at higher levels on the amount of dps generated by offhand if the delay is higher than the mainhand. I only use same delay weapons main/offhand, the rest is just preference cause procs are inconsistent and a minor footnote overall.

my bards use sword/axe or dagger/hook dagger. depends on if you want to shred yourself on a damage shield or not.

Oh yeah, your level/era depends a lot on what you are talking about. We talking lvl 125? 90? TLP? some EMU shenanigans?

I have always run Hooked Dagger in (Main), Lifetap sword in (Offhand)

I have tried the mace in (Offhand) and saw a alight decrease in DPS. This was only from 8 hours of testing however.
Did you have a beastlord for that 8 hour test? The mace-in-offhand meta is dependent on receiving the HHE effects from beastlord ADPS.

Why is everyone so high on the Hooked Dagger?

Lowest delay = more proc chances. Hooked Dagger vs Rapier on delay, edge goes to Hooked Dagger due to damage proc vs Stun for most. In the live game DPS is king.

I do Hooked Dagger main (lowest delay/DD proc) Mace offhand (highest ratio/DD proc) on my Bard. Axe offhand is fine too but it has a slightly lower ratio and a Magic proc which tends to slightly underperform Fire procs. Plus the BL ADPS mentioned earlier. Yeah we're min/maxing a bit here.

My bard is pretty much cursed with permanently wielding https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128539

08b9acb25d74a3e5d894804eb21900bc.png

Lowest delay = more proc chances. Hooked Dagger vs Rapier on delay, edge goes to Hooked Dagger due to damage proc vs Stun for most. In the live game DPS is king.

I do Hooked Dagger main (lowest delay/DD proc) Mace offhand (highest ratio/DD proc) on my Bard. Axe offhand is fine too but it has a slightly lower ratio and a Magic proc which tends to slightly underperform Fire procs. Plus the BL ADPS mentioned earlier. Yeah we're min/maxing a bit here.
I might be mistaken but aren't proc chances normalized by swing rate?

I listed that for ease, if you look up the stacking of that, all modern debuffs are better (including 5-10% dmg increase)
Yeah, i still use malo on my shaman and mage, the bards proc is just there to fill in gaps with a resist debuff. My thinking is that a single avoided resist in a fight on a casted spell like a mage's spear or dot is higher than the entire delta of my bards melee damage and procs on their offhand ( where i use the old weapon)

If it doesn't debuff resists against high level spells the bard can finally get an upgrade! But I'm pretty sure it does help resists.

Yeah, i still use malo on my shaman and mage, the bards proc is just there to fill in gaps with a resist debuff. My thinking is that a single avoided resist in a fight on a casted spell like a mage's spear or dot is higher than the entire delta of my bards melee damage and procs on their offhand ( where i use the old weapon)

If it doesn't debuff resists against high level spells the bard can finally get an upgrade! But I'm pretty sure it does help resists.
Is that you or is that Raymond Cruz?

1727277699501.png

Question - Bard Weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back