• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Been gone just over a year! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,836¢
Wow its been just over a year since I joined last logged on here, so went ahead and used some red cents for a membership.

How are things working these days. It seems that when I last left there were a bunch of bans. Is that still happening ? How safe is it to use kiss or any plugins these days?

My wife recently passed away, so I really need to find something to do with my time. The loneliness absolutely sucks :-( The community here always seemed really nice so I figured I would start here!

Wow its been just over a year since I joined last logged on here, so went ahead and used some red cents for a membership.
Hell yeah dude, glad to see you back!

How are things working these days. It seems that when I last left there were a bunch of bans. Is that still happening ? How safe is it to use kiss or any plugins these days?
the bans/suspens thing is still happening, but we haven't had a "wave" in a bit - summer has been pretty slow in the eq world - baspends, the summer doldrums, LS content being lackluster. I'm hoping server population comes back in another month or so, once beta is out and people are hype'd for the xpac (and the weather is getting cold enough to want to be inside).

My wife recently passed away, so I really need to find something to do with my time. The loneliness absolutely sucks :-( The community here always seemed really nice so I figured I would start here!
that's heartbreaking tom, my condolences. Adult loneliness can be hard enough when you have a wonderful partner, let alone without them. I can only imagine how you're feeling.

Hell yeah dude, glad to see you back!

the bans/suspens thing is still happening, but we haven't had a "wave" in a bit - summer has been pretty slow in the eq world - baspends, the summer doldrums, LS content being lackluster. I'm hoping server population comes back in another month or so, once beta is out and people are hype'd for the xpac (and the weather is getting cold enough to want to be inside).

that's heartbreaking tom, my condolences. Adult loneliness can be hard enough when you have a wonderful partner, let alone without them. I can only imagine how you're feeling.
Thanks for the update. Right now im just trying to keep myself busy hopefully EQ / RG will help with that.

Thanks for the update. Right now im just trying to keep myself busy hopefully EQ / RG will help with that.
lotta folks passing time (and making new perma homes) in EMU, especially on the Lazarus server - worth checking out - bet you'll have folks to hang with in no time (and no daybreak bullshit)

lotta folks passing time (and making new perma homes) in EMU, especially on the Lazarus server - worth checking out - bet you'll have folks to hang with in no time (and no daybreak bullshit)
That sounds interesting, im gonna have to check it out. Any guides on how to get started ?

Welcome back Tom! So sorry to hear of your loss!!!

This community has not changed so you started in the right place. While DB may still be a thorn at times, folks here have not changed. Maybe spin up a group of new FTP and experience something you have not done/done in a while or def checkout out EMU as Sic/Durango mentioned.

Don't forget there is a discord channel as well. Lots of great folks there and good chat to make you smile!

Welcome back Tom! So sorry to hear of your loss!!!

This community has not changed so you started in the right place. While DB may still be a thorn at times, folks here have not changed. Maybe spin up a group of new FTP and experience something you have not done/done in a while or def checkout out EMU as Sic/Durango mentioned.

Don't forget there is a discord channel as well. Lots of great folks there and good chat to make you smile!
I am trying to figure out what I want to do atm. I logged into a few of my accounts and found my kronos, however the EMU sounds interesting. What expansion are they up to now? I watched part of the video in the emu section and it seems like they are up to OOW. If that's the case, I may seriously have to check it out because OOW was probably my 2nd favorite expansion next to Velious and it appears they made it easier to progress your epics on there.

I am trying to figure out what I want to do atm. I logged into a few of my accounts and found my kronos, however the EMU sounds interesting. What expansion are they up to now? I watched part of the video in the emu section and it seems like they are up to OOW. If that's the case, I may seriously have to check it out because OOW was probably my 2nd favorite expansion next to Velious and it appears they made it easier to progress your epics on there.
EMU is only to OoW "game" release. Over the years, some EMU's have expanded past that, but thats all manually building out the world, so it is a lot of work (EZ EQ was up to TSS couple years ago).

Hey brother, very sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

The truly great thing about RG is that it is a community, you are among friends with a shared interest so I pray that being tied back into EQ and this wonderful community will help ease feelings of being alone.

I took an EQ break for over a year before, missed out on like 4 expacs, had no idea what they were about but within the week I was right back in the swing of things and with the help of RG, it was pretty easy to achieve goals and get places.

Welcome back!

Welcome back! As others have said, it's not safe to use Kiss or Plugins, but it's not instant death either. I'm not using MQ, et al., at the moment. But this remains the most helpful, kindest community active in EQ today. The forums have some information and some nice people, but if you want a quick response that you know you'll get this is the place. Doesn't have to be MQ related. Need help on a quest, got a question, the people here will help you out.

I'm sorry for the loss of your wife. I've been married over forty-years and my fear is that she'll go before me. I've lost about 60% of my friends at this point.

IRL - Been gone just over a year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back