• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bought account registration detail (1 Viewer)

hughsloan

RedCents
How do you transfer a character from a bought account to your own account. I have managed to change password etc & even was able to use my own credid card, despite account originating in china.

Any help please

If you have the account login for both accounts all you have to do is use the character transfer service. It isn't hard to do and usually doesn't take long to happen.

Sony Online Entertainment said:
If you desire to transfer a character or characters from your primary account to your secondary account on a different server, or wish to transfer to a different server during non server split opportunities, the following service is offered. This is a value added service which requires a fee that can be billed to your credit card or, for transfers initiated from the EQ Marketplace, with Station Cash™.

This service may end or be modified at any time without prior notification.

For more information about taking advantage of this service, please review the policy, guidelines and restrictions. Click here for terms and conditions

All terms and conditions of the EverQuest User Agreement and Software License (EUASL) and the Rules of Conduct found on www.everquest.com apply to any transfer or attempted transfer of characters. You will not be allowed to transfer any characters to an account that is not yours and that was not originally registered by you.

Additional Notes

# Check out available in English only

Character Transfer Fee Schedule

Transferring a character on the same SOE account from one server to another server:

Each Character

$25.00 (plus any applicable taxes)
2500 SC in the Marketplace

Transferring a character from one of your SOE accounts to another SOE account, but not changing to a different server:

Each Character

$25.00 (plus any applicable taxes)
Not available through the Marketplace; available through this online form.

Transferring a character from one of your SOE accounts to another SOE account and changing to a different server:

Each Character

$50.00 (plus any applicable taxes)
Not available through the Marketplace; available through this online form.

In addition to any applicable fees described above, if you are a resident of a European Union country or territory, you will also be charged VAT (Value Added Tax) equal to 17.5% of the applicable fee.

If you wish to proceed in transferring your character(s), click continue to fill out the request form.

Thanks,
I have tried to transfer on line as you suggest however I always get an error. I think the problem is that you can transfer between account which you own, but not from someone else's account (the bought one). I have been able to change the password, email & credit card details on the bought account, but no other details.

I have contacted SOE in an attempt to change the country of origin, people do move after all, but got the following reply

"Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment Customer Support. For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:

- Last four digits of the credit card used to bill the account as well as the name on that card & the COMPLETE billing address:
- Current Answer to your Security Question Where were you born?:
- Account / Registration Key (usually found on the back of your CD case or on the instruction manual):
- E-mail Address:
- Station Username(s):
- Birthdate:

Please keep the format above. This will enable us to process your request more efficiently. Thank you for your patience. "

The only answer I don't have is the account registration key, but I could easily say that it is lost. Eq can be downloaded after all. The question is, do I reply giving my own details, or would this result in an account ban.

Has anyone had experience in transfering charaters from bought account? I did manage this several years ago, but I am sure at that time I was able to update all the account details online, not just the email & password.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post

Ah good one ... that's a tough question .....

I'd use my own info personally. But I have never come across this issue so I am sure there are others that have more experience with it than I do.

I have done this recently, if you use your own details, most GM's wont dig too far in to the matter to see what name was done previously.

But I had access to the account for a good year before hand, and had changed it into my own name maybe 3 months prior.

Bought account registration detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back