• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - BST or CLE? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
122¢
Hi there,
I'm currently running MNK,WAR,BRD,BST,BER,SHA and am at LVL 100. WAR is geared with decent stuff from the Bazaar. So far, my SHA is slowing and healing up in Gribbles just fine. Mobs die very fast. I don't bother with named as I have been out levelling any gear dropped far too quickly.

I have a spare account on which I can pop a 100 CLE and switch out the BST. To give myself a better chance against named, I am thinking the CLE a better choice. Or will this drop my DPS below a satisfactory level? This is my time to do it rather than levelling one later :)

Opinions???

You passed the hard levels for Shaman primary healing already. Cleric will do a better/more efficient job, but the shaman should cover nearly all you need by this level and will get even better as you level from 100+. The Bst boosts the group a lot in DPS, loss of BSt would require more healing, as fights last longer, but its a factor of feeling more safe with two healers and two rezzers vs more DPS/ADPS and the bst pet which can serve as temp tank if war goes down, enough time for a rez with the bst pet. Get the Rez Staff from OMM for the Sham if you don;t already have.

I am always pro beastlord. They just offer way to many tools that help your group. I would personally get rid of zerker before the beastlord. Mainly for this reason, the zerker gives you dps and some more dps. A beastlord gives you dps, buffs, slows and mana regen. Way more utility in just about every way. Even in some cases will out dps the zerker depending on gear and play style. I have also noticed you will actually hurt the zerkers dps if you axe the bst. The HHE the beastlord provides with dicho and ruaarbi can really be a large dps boost. The difference in a zerker burn with and without these effects can be noticable.

Your group is good as is.

No harm in leveling up the cleric along with your crew for buffs/harder encounters if you want, but it's not really needed.

You passed the hard levels for Shaman primary healing already. Cleric will do a better/more efficient job, but the shaman should cover nearly all you need by this level and will get even better as you level from 100+. The Bst boosts the group a lot in DPS, loss of BSt would require more healing, as fights last longer, but its a factor of feeling more safe with two healers and two rezzers vs more DPS/ADPS and the bst pet which can serve as temp tank if war goes down, enough time for a rez with the bst pet. Get the Rez Staff from OMM for the Sham if you don;t already have.
OMM = Old Man Mackenzie?

I use Beastlord as back up healer for my Druid.
Use Mending and set healing MT to 40%, non-MA to 65%.

War has many tools to survive critical situations as well, once you get familiar with the class.

Another vote for keeping the BST. Seems like a super solid setup tbh. Shouldn't have any issues pushing forward, and such issues can/should be evaluated when they occur.

I run Sk, bst x3 (for the alliance procs), enc, clr. This team is amazing. I have tried many other class combinations and kept going back to this setup. You cannot wipe this team in group content, unless the cleric goes down first. All in all, it's solid and you never run out of mana.

I run a 2 healer group:

SK, SHM, BRD, DRU, MNK, BER

And I feel like I kill things just fine. I use the druid for ports, I know it's not "meta" but I can take current content for anything this way without being up to speed on gear.

@Cubone017 I really want to try your group setup!

What folks above have said. You have the shaman, and for group content, the shaman is fantastic. You won't have any issues with your shaman keeping your warrior alive. From there, its just a matter of what flavor of group you want. No right or wrong (well, beyond Tank, Healer, Crowd Control) The rest is whatever is tickling or you want to tickle your fancy. (or bard //bad pun\\)

Question - BST or CLE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back