• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Changes to MM on test (1 Viewer)

Gildon

RedCents
10¢
Get those monster missions AA's in while it's easy now.

Latest change to test is in order to get experience from the Monster Mission everyone needs to loot a shard. This shard gives experience and is in the final chest. It is lore and no drop and disappears when you leave the mission.

Not everything on test goes live so this may be an idea they are toying with and it may be implemented on live differently but they're definately looking at stopping afk toons out of zone.

not necessarily. in afk macro's, or cleric macros that i know for sure, when they die they go back and loot their corpse. same with the loot sub in my bard macro, they loot. it just makes us change our macro's, I.E. /target, /open, /loot <item name>. it can be done easily, just makes things a little harder :) not saying you are wrong Gild, I have a lot of respect for you :) matter of fact, here comes a red cent :p

I agree it won't have a major impact on the current toon running the script, what will change is that you can't have 1 bot running the mission and then 5 other toons in the group sitting in the guild lobby. We'll need to set up master/slave scripts where the master does most of the solo work and then activates the slaves via a command keyword so they warp to the chest and loot their shard for xp.

I think the biggest problem on that is not that you have to loot the shards, but that EVERYONE in the group has to loot it, if I read Gildon's post correctly. That would prove to be a challenge for AFK macro'ers.

Edit: Gildon got it while I was posting, didn't mean to repost info

Changes to MM on test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back