• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Clan army has started, so where now? (1 Viewer)

Skygod47

RedCents
637¢
OK so i now have a start er raid force of 18 lvl 11's and two accounts with various lvl 50 to 85's.
I am short 2 bards, 1 shaman and a mage :)
My groups are based on the great write up by @Szazor (raid 101) write up and a nice bit of direction from a post by @LamahHerder :) in the thread (TLP Raid Box Setup 24-36).

Question now is i am looking to boost them to 20 ish, best place after cresent reach?
Also as a returning player !! damn i love the Parcel system!! QoL upgrade right there lol

you can push one zone over and go to blightfire moors that will take you to 30 fairly fast. the norther edge of the zone has level 30 ish rats anbd mid 20s bushes and wolves that die fairly quick. if you plan on adding the bards shm and mage than id say get them in and running before you go any higher though

There are a few guides on these forums. Lots of great ideas.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/from-character-creation-to-yes-another-guide.58722/

But everything changes if you are going to Powerlevel your group of 18 with your 50-85's so that can change your decision.

My personal preference without power lvlling is the path:

1-11 Crescent Reach -Tutorial
11-20 Anything - Blightfire/Guk/Oasis/South Ro/Feerott (Lizard temple - I love killing lizards for the nostalgia)
20-40 City of Mist
40-60 The Hole

Paludal Caverns is great and not many people there. With that many toons in one place you want to be a little careful about having other toons besides yours in the same zone. Just saying.

Vrak

Hiya guys, just an update :)

So the Clan now stands 30 strong and all lvl 40 (not including my old higher level toons. The army is as follows so far:

TankHealerDPSCC / All-rounders
2xPAL4xCLERIC1x BER1xDRU
2xSHK3xSHM2xMAGE1xENC
4xWAR1xNEC1xBST
1xRNG3xBARD
1xROG
1xMONK
2xWIZ

Am i right in thinking VOX is the first raid to try? or is there some group progression i can start with earlier? Also is there any classes i need more of or can do away with (i realise it is personal opinion)
I am thinking get them all so at least 50 first?

Cheers in advance as always guys :)

Very easy to be almost invisible with a box army.
3 run to Quest giver.
Get the instance - drop a campfire zone in. Few more fellow ship in and zone in.
after 12 are in - drop your banner and rest of the army follows.

Not everyone with a bot army is selling stuff for RMT.

Now as for the original question:

Lots of Content to raid starting at about lvl 50 - but these raids were hard for a full raid force. If you are undergeared- you gunna die.

LVL 50 - 60 raiding options:
Most of these get pretty boring after doing it once. Plane of Fear was good for AON and class armor. Plane of Sky is good but quest items require lots of farming and are generally not worth it (With exceptions)

VOX/Naggy
Plane of Fear (Best zone ever in Era)
Plane of Hate
Plane of Sky
Dragons- Gore, Sev, Trak, Talendor etc.
Black Reavers
Epic fights.
Phinny - underwater zone sucks.
Veeshan's peak

Higher 50's- 60's Moving into Velious stuff.
Kael
Skyshrine - Yelniak
King Dain
Temple of Veeshan
Velketor the Sorcerer
Plane of Growth- beware of the AE silence tree. It will fuck you up
Sleepers Tomb

Lvl 60 is also Luclin Stuff. There is so much content - my guys were at this lvl for about a year.
Seru
SSra Temple - awesome raiding zone
Vex Thal

My advice - dont rush.

Most of these fights are a lot easier now. You can have a Banner, tribute and Stat Food to give you a bonus. Most of the mechanics are Simple.
And these raids are not limited to 54.

Very easy to be almost invisible with a box army.
3 run to Quest giver.
Get the instance - drop a campfire zone in. Few more fellow ship in and zone in.
after 12 are in - drop your banner and rest of the army follows.

Not everyone with a bot army is selling stuff for RMT.

Now as for the original question:

Lots of Content to raid starting at about lvl 50 - but these raids were hard for a full raid force. If you are undergeared- you gunna die.

LVL 50 - 60 raiding options:
Most of these get pretty boring after doing it once. Plane of Fear was good for AON and class armor. Plane of Sky is good but quest items require lots of farming and are generally not worth it (With exceptions)

VOX/Naggy
Plane of Fear (Best zone ever in Era)
Plane of Hate
Plane of Sky
Dragons- Gore, Sev, Trak, Talendor etc.
Black Reavers
Epic fights.
Phinny - underwater zone sucks.
Veeshan's peak

Higher 50's- 60's Moving into Velious stuff.
Kael
Skyshrine - Yelniak
King Dain
Temple of Veeshan
Velketor the Sorcerer
Plane of Growth- beware of the AE silence tree. It will fuck you up
Sleepers Tomb

Lvl 60 is also Luclin Stuff. There is so much content - my guys were at this lvl for about a year.
Seru
SSra Temple - awesome raiding zone
Vex Thal

My advice - dont rush.

Most of these fights are a lot easier now. You can have a Banner, tribute and Stat Food to give you a bonus. Most of the mechanics are Simple.
And these raids are not limited to 54.
You are quite correct about gear lol can i go for the usual defiant stuff or should i be thinking other stuff? I obviously want to avoid the situation of camping stuff that makes boxing easier to spot...

You are quite correct about gear lol can i go for the usual defiant stuff or should i be thinking other stuff? I obviously want to avoid the situation of camping stuff that makes boxing easier to spot...
at lower levels defiant gear is better than just about anything from that original era in my opinion.

another option, that i forget what level you need, is the vendor's in PoTranq.. this is totally useless without valid information but I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks. I had a ~really~ old toon that had a bunch of the vendor's currency (Some type of red thing) and I was able to get a decent set of gear. I want to say it was around level 60 or so.

Additionally, and this is just my opinion so do with it what you will. But if you plan on keeping the squad at 30, I would consider bringing up a few more DPS to swap in / out in the event you need it. But at lower levels if you keep the poison up on your rogues the melt anything the are pointed at.

Discussion - Clan army has started, so where now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back