• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Compiles. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
Lets stick to 1-2 Compiles please. Codecasters and Cade's are sufficient and up fairly quickly. No need for everyone and their brother to be posting a compile release. Yes I know what you'll say , but really its best to just work bugs out of 2 compiles instead of 5.

Mochila said:
Lets stick to 1-2 Compiles please. Codecasters and Cade's are sufficient and up fairly quickly. No need for everyone and their brother to be posting a compile release. Yes I know what you'll say , but really its best to just work bugs out of 2 compiles instead of 5.

Might as well let some other folks get some practice in maintaining the compiles... Don't forget I am headed to Iraq very, very soon... I might be able to keep updating depending on what kind of net connection I have, but there might not be one at all... :eek: I agree for the most part tho. I look on a lot of threads and people just complain for days about things not working like warp and moveutils and everything else, and every problem they have would be solved by downloading mine or Cade's compiles... But the next generation does need to start training now. I won't be around forever. ;)

-CodeCaster

Mochila said:
Lol last I checked it was possible to compile and test without a public posting :) More power to people who self compile and try to work bugs out.

Apparently I haven't figured this out yet... Think I released one this week that didn't even have auth disabled. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I wouldn't find even close to half the bugs I find without the help of all those people that post them in my thread. I mean, I don't even use most of the plugins I include, and there's no way in hell I have time to test that much stuff and still get a new compile released in a timely fashion. Compiles really are something of a group effort when it comes to debugging. ;) I wasn't arguing or disagreeing or anything... I was just making the point that people might be sad when the other compiles are gone, then the primary compile providers leave as well.

-CodeCaster

Compiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back