• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Crash on startup (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
2,106¢
---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:

Process ID: 28568
Version: 3.1.0.2612
Location: destroyFinalizer+0 (C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5714f0dca6485379\nvgpucomp64.dll+000000000035E080)

CrashID: 9c57e027-8b4c-4690-ab02-af619fb53836

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Copy the contents of this dialog to your clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C

Retry Cancel

Update your Nvidia drivers lately? If so roll back a version.
So, the issue was caused by an instability issue with nvidia 4000 series graphics cards and 13th gen CPUs having unstable volt settings. My latest bios flash seems to have fixed the issue. MSI released the update to address the instability problem a few weeks ago and i didnt want to push the update cause its "in beta". But it got so annoying i was like fuck it.... after screwing with TPM 2.0's stupidity, and getting my computer back on, it seems to be working.

So, the issue was caused by an instability issue with nvidia 4000 series graphics cards and 13th gen CPUs having unstable volt settings. My latest bios flash seems to have fixed the issue. MSI released the update to address the instability problem a few weeks ago and i didnt want to push the update cause its "in beta". But it got so annoying i was like fuck it.... after screwing with TPM 2.0's stupidity, and getting my computer back on, it seems to be working.
nice dude, good followup for folks who might have a similar issue

So you're a victim of Intel's douche-baggery with the power settings and not giving OEMs right information to go on?

I have a new rig and was having game crash issues but not with EQ. I used Intel Exreme Tuning Utility and lowered the volts. While that seemed to work it started again. I then updated the MB BIOS and have yet to have that problem again. I am running a 14th Gen I9. Intel is pointing at MB MFG's and the MFG's are pointing at Intel. As long as it works, I don't care who's to blame.

I've also had to underclock my 14900k cpu because there were a ton of games on unreal engine 5 that base speeds of the 13900k and 14900k were causing major issues. Most notibly for me was the first descendant and Fortnite since I couldn't play with my daughter.

Um yeah it's got to be a Crowdstrike issue... -most customer support these days.
Fail Oh No GIF by Sabato

Problem - Crash on startup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back