• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ctd (1 Viewer)

Balroak

RedCents
Im brand new at this but am working on my first offset,
Problem is when I use it I CTD, now I have read on other forums that this is a good thing in a way because it shows your in the right area.
Can anyone give me any idea where to go from here to learn more?

I myself have never bothered looking up the offsets just to dang busy with RL stuff, but there are several here that can help. But in order for that I assume they kind of need to know what you are working on to push you inthe directions you need.

Its more experiment than anything else.
I have been readin about finding offsets and blocking the jump process.
I don't want to go into what its for atm, as I will probably fail miserably although if it did work I would probably not use it due to the nature of the action and how it could effect other players anyway but that said the learning process is the thing I'm interested in....so here is a question...
When you find the section of code that holds the offsets, and there are more than one address for that piece of code...
Example..
in the (U) (C) part it has more than one address...
(U) (C) 004XXXXX, 004YYYYY, 004ZZZZZ
How do I figure out which one pushes the process?
And is there anyway to know if the check is done server side other than CTD?

I really need to take a course in programming but as it stands I'm just fiddling..

I played with an offset which took out the call "You dont have enough money to buy that" in hope it would let me buy anything from a merchant without plat but of course all it did was grey the "BUY" box of the merchant out, so I could only click on items that I could afford to buy.
*shrug, learning curve = good.

So what I need is a good guide on offsets and on plugins I guess.
Any help appreciated.

I know there are some smart cookies here, so any help or small tasks you can set me to help me learn will be well recieved.

*Chuckle well something is very wrong,
I'm trying to pickpocket after trying to halt the npc level limit and I cant pickpocket now, instead it tells me I can't fish without a pole *grin.
Someone help me Please...Pickpocket and fishing ae very different.

Ctd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back