• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Current games! (1 Viewer)

I've got a backlog of games on Steam and GoG I need to catch up on if my main group gets banned. I feel like DPG would be doing me a favor...Steam's & GoG's summer sales are going on right now.

GOG: Witcher 3 GOTY $12, Dungeon Keeper 2 $2, Alpha Centauri $2, System Shock 2 $2, Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe $1, Star Wars KOTOR $3, Ultima 7 $3, Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis $2, Syndicate Plus $1....tons of other amazing games for cheap.

I can honestly say that I am lot like LamahHerder above, I get bored with most of them pretty quick or they just aren't my style. I am too damm old for shooters anymore, reflexes are shot to hell lol. But one that I enjoyed for awhile was Enshrouded. It was my first "Survival" game and I liked it a lot. All except the swinging puzzles, wasn't very good at those. I am kind of picky about what games I play and the companies that make them, these days. I will never play a Blizzard/Activision game ever again. They can blow me. All they want is your cash and to insult you while they take it. Hope they die.

Vrak

Oh Lord, I literally just took a break from eq because it was consuming my life, let my toons lapse and was going to take a month or two off and was playing elden ring to try and get a new character ready for the dlc that just released.. and.. then they announced the exp bonus was starting on the 1st so I subbed everyone again to try and get to 125. I am going on vacation tomorrow to Cali so I won't be making it to 125 before the exp ends lol.

Anyway, that isn't what you asked, ff14 is amazing, elden ring is challenging and will suck you in, I also highly recommend cyberpunk, it's in the same boat as witcher 3, you think, fuck it, let's get through this and then the side quests are just so, so fucking awesome. I hear amazing things about last epoch if you're trying to find a diablo itch. Dave the diver is repetitive and seems stupid and next thing you know 30 hours of your life are gone.

Factorio - simply the best game of the world. You wont miss eq at all... it is all about automation.

Deep Rock Galactic - play with friends or family, best coop 4 players, ever.

7 days to die, zombie survival, very good with friends/family too. Specially with mods [Darkness Falls is epic]

Since I am an old man, I prefer the old games too.

C&C generals ,shockwave mod is awesome.

X-com2, war of the chosen is also very good, better with mods.

Oxygen not included, very good, will take hours of you life, be warned.

Anyone have any suggestions for a new game for me to look at? I tried Diablo4 and didn't like that.
Diablo 4 rules, Game over.

Video Game Dark GIF by Diablo

RDR2 online with a private lobby is enjoyable to me. Story mode is fun too. Games are like women, every one has their own tastes but you will find one that is addicting.

Factorio - simply the best game of the world. You wont miss eq at all... it is all about automation.

Deep Rock Galactic - play with friends or family, best coop 4 players, ever.

7 days to die, zombie survival, very good with friends/family too. Specially with mods [Darkness Falls is epic]

Since I am an old man, I prefer the old games too.

C&C generals ,shockwave mod is awesome.

X-com2, war of the chosen is also very good, better with mods.

Oxygen not included, very good, will take hours of you life, be warned.
If you like the Command and Conquer games. Try order of battle the base game is free on steam. Also check out panzer general 2. Panzer Corps. Pacific General not on Steam because there are a bunch of player made scenarios to be added to it. But gog. It's also cheaper. While you're there pick up People's General.

Assuming you've already hit BG3, I'm a holdout
What's the really cool space MMO where you can be an engineer? Anarchy Online?
hard to recommend the game at this point, but it is quirky as heck and has some charm.
issue is it's dead dead dead, and never had alllll that much content to begin with

Still have garden music play in my head on occasion though. the ambience of some areas and themes were awesome

edit: it is very boxable with ISB, however, or was 10 years ago

Games are like women, every one has their own tastes but you will find one that is addicting.
Oldman, my wife loved Doom2 and Hexen and Duke Nukem' because I played those when we met......then she whipped my ass at a game I thought I was good at (in single player) ..Command and Conquer..still stings me 20 years later. She took over my original April 99 EQ account for her girl character (that THRIVED in Top raids while I killed orc pawns solo). :shrug: :swoon::shrug:

Are you playing wow in which server? Since I am brazilian, I play on Azralon. Hunter is my main, waiting for the next expansion in August.

Other games that I like to play sometimes.

Beam NG - car crash simulator... the physics are awesome, very realistic.

Vampire survival, indie game with poor graphics but very fun, you become a boss in a bullet hell type of game.

Euro Truck simulator 2 - driving trucks trying not to crash anyone is somewhat fun.

Forts - wierd building-combat indie game, very good against friends.

Baldurs gate 3, it is good.... but my addiction always pulls me back to factorio.

I also sometimes play on Homecoming City of Heroes. Where I have an army of "lizardman iksar" winged heroes. If you see a lizard-man with wings hero, there is a 90% chance it is me.

Discussion - Current games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back