• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Enterupting macros (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
I am new to all of this, do not know my a from my elbow. but I have been watching guides. I got the basics, I can make dude nuke and other person heal etc. However, i run a necro as my main. And I use macros to cast my dots. I notice when I hit nuke to make make nuke, it messes with my necro's macros. Is there anything I can do to avoid this? Thanks.

Any additional information you provide like what automation you are using on the other toons, your main, and the commands/hotkeys you are using would certainly help folks help you.

if you're talking about social macros that youve made yourself, then the automation will generally take care of the "doing necro things while fighting" portion (depending on the automation).

if youre talking about a macro youre running in the mq sense, youll need to provide more context - which macro, which automation, what spells are being cast, etc.

If you are using KissAssist (KA), then its a matter of reading and understanding the commands as listed and detailed on the KA wiki: https://www.redguides.com/wiki/KissAssist

Then you can look at KA .ini files that others have made and upload to help you understand the different sections in the KA ini to figure out what and how you want to do things: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/kissassist-ini-library.18/ Search using class, the level range you want to return, and then GROUP. Look at the various ini's that pop up and see what you see.

thanks for all of the responses. So here is the example. And I am a 100% noob at this literally just learned how to do this last night.

I am on my necro, I have a 5 dot macro. I hit the macro and it casts 5 dots in a row without me having to cast them one by one (this is obv to you guys but even this is new to me) - as I am in the middle of casting dots, I hit the "nuke" key on my necro that controls my mage. When I hit that button, it interrupts the casting of the dots my necro is doing. It is the same if I hit the 5 dot macro and then hit a random spell in the middle, it messes up the flow of the dot macro, if that makes sense? And I am still trying to learn kissassist and all of this, i just have me and my mage, but I plan to 6 box when I get the hang of it,

thanks for all of the responses. So here is the example. And I am a 100% noob at this literally just learned how to do this last night.

I am on my necro, I have a 5 dot macro. I hit the macro and it casts 5 dots in a row without me having to cast them one by one (this is obv to you guys but even this is new to me) - as I am in the middle of casting dots, I hit the "nuke" key on my necro that controls my mage. When I hit that button, it interrupts the casting of the dots my necro is doing. It is the same if I hit the 5 dot macro and then hit a random spell in the middle, it messes up the flow of the dot macro, if that makes sense? And I am still trying to learn kissassist and all of this, i just have me and my mage, but I plan to 6 box when I get the hang of it,
your "5 dot macro" is the EQ function generally called a "social." You should try to get in the habit of using the term social since that is what EQ uses and it will avoid confusion with MQ's macro system. For EQ socials, there is not a proper way to interrupt them and that is a big reason that people have moved away from using them to cast spells in the fashion that you're using. Multibinding has generally replaced using socials for spell casting.

So the problem boils down to how EQ handles this..... IE, it doesn't handle it well. You have a social on your necro that is in the process of timing out dots and casting a sequence of spells. Until that social finishes execution, the EQ client does not want to start another one. You then have a second social that is probably executing an EQBC command to send instructions to the mage. Trying to weave that 2nd social while the first is already executing is just not going to work for EQ because you are telling it to simultaneously execute 2 socials at the same time. You will need to allow the 5 dot 'social' to finish before you send commands to your mage. Alternatively you can setup a formal automation tool like kissassist or rgmercs and allow that automation to take full control of your mage while you play the necro manually.

Question - Enterupting macros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back