• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Fippy Fest - recap? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
557¢
So I'm just curious since I didn't watch the stream or anything, but I didn't see any recaps written up anywhere.

Was there anything that came of it, other than announcing the name of the new expansion?

Thanks @Darkbishop .

A 16 minute recap is actually watchable (as compared to a 6 hour video), hopefully when I get the time to do so heh.

What ever happened to people writing anything up? Seems like there are less and less people doing that on all fronts of my interests, and everyone just says "go watch youtube". I often get yelled at by people when I say I'd prefer to read it instead of watching a video. Never downing the creators or anything, just people dont like to hear about someone not really being into watching videos as their first source of info.

Granted, I do like them if I need to actually fix something, or need the picture reference. ok ok, rant over lol.

Anywho, heres a recap of the recap video for anyone else in my shoes lol.

EQ 1:

- New expansion announced - The Outer Brood - with some teaser art.
- New cloth maps on the swag store from the original artist.
- Them saying Teek has the highest population of any server ever.

EQ 2:

- New expansion annoucned - The Scars of Destruction - with some teaser art.
- New server, already out.
- New cloth maps on the swag store from the original artist.

If i missed anything, sorry. I quickly scanned through the recap there. Other than that, it really just seems it was more of a "let's have an EQ party" than anything. Forgive me if I'm wrong or there were some cool things in the panels that aren't in the recap.

Edit: With that little actually announced, I understand why there weren't any major write ups anywhere lol.

From ChatGPT.
Here are the main points from the Fippy Fest 2024 livestream event for EverQuest and EverQuest II:

1. **Event Overview**: Fippy Fest 2024 celebrated 25 years of EverQuest and 20 years of EverQuest II with a digital-first, live-streamed event featuring various segments for fans.

2. **Keynote Speech**: The event started with a keynote speech, reflecting on the history and future of both games.

3. **Making of Expansions**: A detailed discussion on the creation of upcoming expansions for both EverQuest and EverQuest II.

4. **Art of EverQuest**: A segment focused on the artistic development of the games, showcasing design processes and new artwork.

5. **In-Game Events**: The event included an in-game hide-and-seek activity for both EverQuest and EverQuest II players, offering rewards and interactive gameplay.

6. **Fireside Chats**: Two fireside chats with super fans of EverQuest and EverQuest II, where they shared their experiences and memories.

7. **Creator Highlights**: A showcase of content created by the EverQuest community, highlighting their contributions and creativity.

8. **New Expansions Announced**: EverQuest's 31st expansion, "The Outer Brood," involves new dragon-themed content. EverQuest II's new expansion, "The Scars of Destruction," continues the storyline from "Scars of Velious."

9. **Progression Server**: The Anashti Sul Origins progression server for EverQuest II was introduced, featuring classic gameplay elements from 2006.

10. **Q&A Panels**: Fans could ask questions to the developers during the livestream, which were answered in real-time.

11. **Breaks and Intermissions**: Scheduled breaks allowed participants to relax and prepare for the next segments.

12. **Digital Tickets**: Access to the livestream and in-game rewards were available through the purchase of digital tickets.

13. **Community Engagement**: The event emphasized community engagement, encouraging fans to share their stories and participate in discussions.

14. **Merchandise and Swag**: Exclusive Fippy Fest merchandise, including T-shirts, hoodies, and collectible items, were made available.

15. **Closing Remarks**: The event concluded with closing remarks, summarizing the highlights and thanking the community for their support.

These points encapsulate the key moments and announcements from Fippy Fest 2024, celebrating the long-standing legacy of EverQuest and its sequel [oai_citation:1,Fippy Fest 2024 | Darkpaw Games](https://www.darkpawgames.com/fippy-fest) [oai_citation:2,Fippy Fest Stream Information | EverQuest Forums](https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fippy-fest-stream-information.298731/) [oai_citation:3,Fippy Fest Stream Information | EverQuest](https://www.everquest.com/news/ff-livestream-schedule-2024) [oai_citation:4,Fippyfest 2024: EverQuest and EverQuest II reveal 2024 expansions, Anashti Sul Origins progression server opens June 19 | Massively Overpowered](https://massivelyop.com/2024/06/16/fippyfest-2024-everquest-and-everquest-ii-reveal-2024-expansions-anashti-sul-origins-progression-server-opens-june-19/).

That seems like a decent recap by chatgpt. Does that imply it actually "watched" it, or did it read a transcript? I'm now curious to know if chatgpt has watched all 150ish million hours of YouTube. I guess we'll know when it starts producing it's own content channels :xd:

New Expansion Space Dragons. They only spent 1 minute on it and briefly showed one of the 3D models of one of the bosses.

There was no mention of any other new games in the IP.

QA was relatively the same stuff that has been asked about before. No one asked anything about botting or AFK campers I was shocked.

That seems like a decent recap by chatgpt. Does that imply it actually "watched" it, or did it read a transcript? I'm now curious to know if chatgpt has watched all 150ish million hours of YouTube. I guess we'll know when it starts producing it's own content channels :xd:
Great. AI's going to review hours of influencer videos and decide humanity needs to be destroyed. Just gonna save that one in its back pocket until it gains more mobility and firepower.

New Expansion Space Dragons. They only spent 1 minute on it and briefly showed one of the 3D models of one of the bosses.

There was no mention of any other new games in the IP.

QA was relatively the same stuff that has been asked about before. No one asked anything about botting or AFK campers I was shocked.
People likely did ask these questions. They were just filtered out.

A group of people paid $1500 to kick it with devs for a few days. Not much to recap, lol. Should have sent a sleeper cell to ask the devs when they're going to fix pets skipping melee rounds!

Question - Fippy Fest - recap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back