• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Forgotten Halls or How not to make it look obvious (1 Viewer)

letmein

RedCents
My question is specfically...what can I do to make it LESS obvious that I'm macroing in FH for XP?

I mean. My bard is currently in his 40's. I gave him 6k to gear up in bazaar. While he is not pimp, by any stretch of the imagination, he does have 1.5k HP unbuffed. And, he's got the dark rites drum.

So, I have been running him on and off over the weekend, watching etc and he's be running great. No deaths. I walk away for a few hours at a time etc, and continues to run fine.

I set him up last night and go to bed.

I wake up, he got one yellow into his level and died.

Which means, he played AFK for approx. less than an hour, then died.

When I got up this morning, and ran back to the DZ to loot my corpse and restart the macro, his corpse was there, my buddies (another bard) corpse was there, and two other random low lvl toons were just standing at the DZ playing songs.

Now, my script will camp me out immediately upon zoning to my bind. Same when the DZ runs out. So that's cool.

But what can I do to make sure I don't die in there. Firstly, because if I'm dead and logged out, I'm not getting the XP I need.

Second, having a corpse every morning at the FH stone smells kinda fishy.

I currently have my twist doing: Selo > fulfils > Selo > Tuyen > Selo > Health regen

So I'm twisting 6 songs. I know I'm SERIOUSLY limiting my DPS by doing this, but I can't have him dying.

Last night when he died I was only twisting 3 songs as recommended. (selos > fulfil > Tuyen) but I think what happens is when I target a new mob, and he casts his dot, his selos is about to drop.....that means, when he starts to cast Selos next, and the mob hits him, cancels selos then he slows down and dies.

He can take the first couple hits you always incur on the "pull" and can regen the HPs before the next pull WITHOUT the regen. Problem is, if Selos drops...I'm fucked.

Do you guys have any tips? or suggestions? I've read something about a speedhack to always be running at Selos speed without playing it. That would be sweet, but is it noticeable by GMs etc if I'm only using it in the instance? *edit* I know everything CAN be seen, I ment is it obvious? Considering Bards DO have selo speed. I can understand a Necro or something running at bard speed would be a red flag etc*

All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmmm..deaths deaths deaths...did you take out the "succor" (not really succor, but safe location) call in the FH macro you are using or are you just using a bard kiting macro? For getting through the hell levels (before 2:30 selo's); moving to a safe loc when health <10% makes getting through them a lot easier.

When doing this, you could change your song lineup to Selos-Fufils-tuyen

This would help increase DPS and your selos should not drop. Calling it every other song is a bit much.

I see.

So my problem is really that I do not have the 2:30 selos....

Ok, I understand that. Problem is, with the lineup that you suggested selos > dot > dot .... got me killed last night.

Which is REALLY strange. Cause like I said, it worked flawlessly all day then like it knew I was going to bed, promptly died in the night. :p

He's doing fine now with the selo > dot > selo > dot > selo > regen

Which I know is overkill....bad. But I need to play it safe until I get the upgrade to selos.

Thanks again guys.

*edit* Just using a targeting kite macro

The only way then for you not to die is to run like hell to the exit or to gate out when health is low, med, then re-enter. I don't know if you have an aversion to warping, but that is the only thing that will save your arse for AFK kiting through those levels. Another trick to use is veteran benefits (if you have them) and eat some of the jesters fine bread which is 10hp regen for 30min. Try snaring the rats as well, it is only effective at some levels for those who like to have reasonable DPS but it might prevent you from taking as many hits.

Use Pugs macro, it werks. :)

You know....I don't like the idea of warp.

To me, I think that all the warps would just pile up on your account, and the GM's can see that. Esp. if there are a shit ton of em.

I use the warp command sparingly on my toons, usually only to warp to my group in a tough locale rather than running to them. (usually just my toons and my RL friends toons in group)

So...while his macro is awesome, I don't feel comfortable using it.

I guess I may just PL the bard the normal way the rest up to 50, then start the macro.

Thanks guys!

Another little tidbit of information... If you die in forgotten halls, (or any instanced zone) then immediately log out at your bind point, your corpse doesn't appear outside the zone-in until you log back in. Thus. your corpse isn't really sitting there all night. It just pops when you log back in.

However, there are ALWAYS 20 mother fucking idiots standing outside my FH zone-in on my server... whenever this happens, I drag every puma, wolf and bear I can find in the zone to the FH stone and FD to watch the show. I can't believe people let their toons stand there outside of an instanced zone all night after the expedition ends... 6 level 70 toons all AFK standing outside an instanced zone for over 2 hours is just slightly suspicious.

...plus, I get a kick out of a train of lvl 19 mobs killing 6 lvl 70's.

-CodeCaster

code.. great idea .. hmm where is that necro when i need it?

btw .. on the toons i am PLing in FH... i run the target.mac ... so when it does zone.. after expidition.. they camp as well

8-)

Forgotten Halls or How not to make it look obvious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back