• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - Free Trials? (This has probably been answered lol) (1 Viewer)

Summer823

RedCents
200¢
Hi! I'm new to multiboxing and was curious if there's a free version of this to test. I'm not great with running more than two accounts and would love to try a full group :) if not that's cool!

Thanks guys!

Hi! I'm new to multiboxing and was curious if there's a free version of this to test. I'm not great with running more than two accounts and would love to try a full group :) if not that's cool!

Thanks guys!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RG Mercs Lua Version

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like Overseer Lua, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme, Magellan. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Omg thank you all for the warm welcome and the 1 month!! So sweet and generous, I'm super excited to give it a shot. Ive been living in norrath part time since the early 00s and got that itch again for a new adventure! Cant thank you enough @ChatWithThisName :) I'll be sure to bug you all again here soon!

If you get into it, I highly recommend getting the cwtn plugins. They are very user friendly and truly a plug in go solution. I found them to be easiest to run and if you want to customize them for each character, it's very easily done

I am interested in getting a free trial month as well. Based on the posts, it looks like you must request access to it.

Nukeroot

I am interested in getting a free trial month as well. Based on the posts, it looks like you must request access to it.

Nukeroot
You have one month.

To be clear I am giving you a month, not Redguides. It's not a policy or anything. But I believe in letting you try it for a bit. You may enjoy it and continue to be here and perhaps one day contribute back to the community.

Thank you. I am now overwelmed. :)
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

was curious if there's a free version of this to test

Nukeroot
Just answering the original question, there is NO free version of Redguides to test. For future readers, the members here are kind and some can donate a month out of their own pocket. But the normal way is to subscribe for the community service, Monthly or yearly, there is no commitment. One month to TRY does not cost much. If you are a contributing member, you can gain RedCents points and buy yourself (or others) a month of subbed service. Traditional pay subscription is nice too as it helps fund the community and infrastructure. MacroQuest is out in the world available for free for anyone to compile on their own, that is NOT what you pay for when you become a member here. This post is NOT harping on either of the posters I'm quoting, just trying to explain and for future readers.

IRL - Free Trials? (This has probably been answered lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back