• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Game Crashing (MQ Crash) when long left-click on item to add to hotbar (1 Viewer)

RedCents
530¢
(Sorry if duplicate)

This is occurring on all my toons.

Whenever i long left-click on an item in order to add it to my hotbar the game crashes with the following error message. Clicking retry does nothing.

In this instance I was left clicking the SK 2.0 to add to a hotbar.

I have done a complete re-install of RedGuides Vanilla Launcher and MQ, this still occurs.

Any thoughts on moving past this?

1716821247136.png

The dump file wasn't that useful either:
1716821550543.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed the other day that trying to resize any of my EQ windows immediately crashed the client. I found that if I unload MQ I could resize the windows without issue. Then just reload MQ and all is well (for me). Might work for your issue too.

I noticed the other day that trying to resize any of my EQ windows immediately crashed the client. I found that if I unload MQ I could resize the windows without issue. Then just reload MQ and all is well (for me). Might work for your issue too.
There is something to this - I am able to do a few hotbutton creations liket his within the first 15 seconds of a toon loading, after that it's a crash. I'll try this without MQ.. but auto-login...

It's the same content as the error message that popped up:

---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:

Process ID: 12432
Version: 3.1.0.2524

CrashID: 08972d5b-9e38-463c-b0aa-6bbbf314cbc8

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Copy the contents of this dialog to your clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C

Retry Cancel

(Sorry if duplicate)

This is occurring on all my toons.

Whenever i long left-click on an item in order to add it to my hotbar the game crashes with the following error message. Clicking retry does nothing.

In this instance I was left clicking the SK 2.0 to add to a hotbar.

I have done a complete re-install of RedGuides Vanilla Launcher and MQ, this still occurs.

Any thoughts on moving past this?

View attachment 61949

The dump file wasn't that useful either:
View attachment 61950

Looks like the crash is from EQ and its new UI. Try turning off the new UI

no, he means the new EQ ui interface engine, not the custom ui skin

UseNewUIEngine=0 in your eqclient.ini
I did some testing and with my toons using "Default" skin - I didn't get this error once.
When I went back to the Zilz skin, i got the error every time.

I'll try that change Sic to see if it works.

no, he means the new EQ ui interface engine, not the custom ui skin

UseNewUIEngine=0 in your eqclient.ini
I have been having this issue for MONTHS and thought it was just a side-effect of using custom UIs. I even made a post about it nearly 6 months ago complaining and didn't get to any real conclusion other than mitigating the crashes by equipping the item before dragging it to my hotbar. I've just been setting up custom hotkeys and macros to use any items that weren't equipable. However, this fix worked and is an absolute blessing.

Thank you, Sic. I can't live without the custom UI and this bug was very annoying to say the least.

Problem - Game Crashing (MQ Crash) when long left-click on item to add to hotbar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back