• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - General EQ issue not an RG issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
119¢
the Day after May's Patch day i went to log into EQ and the launch pad loads the window , loads the background for the window but never loads any of the button overlay or anything else and never connects to DB. did not feel like messing with it so i just copied the updated game file from my son's computer overtop of my install and used RG to open game. easy work around. .. and then i logged into Teek server and recived a 7 day suppention during my forced brake i desided its been a few years and been having some other issues it would be a good idea to just Wipe my computer and do a fresh install of windows and everything. computer is much more snappy and my 7 day's is over went to DB site downloaded the EQ installer and same thing launch pad window open's loads background never connects and seems to freeze clicking the X to close the window does not work i have to right click the task bar icon to close the program.

i know i can just snag the updated game from my son's computer and ither use RG to launch the game or use a batch file to launch the game as a workaround but id like to fix the issue instead of relying on workarounds.

in searching around i have found and tried all of the stuff commonly posted about deleting files changing fire wall and router rules and settings , release and renew ip , winsock , you name it . also found an old forum post about DB having an IP ban and changing account password to unlock the IP if a former ban was over.

just wondering if anyone has seen this issue or had any input to offer ... i have tried everything from all the various forum post found in google search.

So 6-7 years ago, my small town ISP would block EQ packets, nfc why was on their block list... After talking to the engineer to solve it the first time, he put notes in the account so that after they reloaded config, and we got blocked we just call customer service and they would know what the issue was, and any texh could delete the block.

We got to there because EVERYTHING else worked fine (used diff PCs, logged in from my brothers 2 states away, called DBGs and so on).

So 6-7 years ago, my small town ISP would block EQ packets, nfc why was on their block list... After talking to the engineer to solve it the first time, he put notes in the account so that after they reloaded config, and we got blocked we just call customer service and they would know what the issue was, and any texh could delete the block.

We got to there because EVERYTHING else worked fine (used diff PCs, logged in from my brothers 2 states away, called DBGs and so on)
i don't think its an ISP or router issue as there are 4 other PC's in the house and all log into EQ just fine. its only my computer that wont.
im curious if DB has a shadow bad policy that they do not inform you about , im also the only person in the house that uses 3rd party software and has been with with the 7 day warning
but im friends with many in game that use multiple iterations of MQ and most have been hit multiple times with the 7 day as well but non of them have ever had this kind of issue.
along with the fact i can still visit DB web site and log into my account check membership , change password. its just the launch pad that seems to have issues.

there is a new rg launcher in the works maybe you could test that and see if it will fly?

Just some random thoughts to try...

1. Have you checked Windows updates and ensured your new installation is fully patched?
1a. Checked and installed any Optional patches for Windows?
2. Patched everything else? (I use PatchMyPC for that!)
3. Ensured your monitor is set to the preferred resolution?
3a. Tried the monitor set to 1920x1080?
4. Ensured you are running the latest graphics drivers?
5. Checked and experimented with Compatibility Settings for ..\Everquest\LaunchPad.exe?
6. Tried running the LaunchPad.exe "As Administrator"?
7. Installed the older .Net Framework 3.5 from Windows Features?
7a. And then fully patched it?
8. Enabled Game Mode (but turned off Game Bar)?
9. Ensured your Antivirus solution is excluding the entire Everquest folder?
9a. And make sure your MQ folder is excluded while you're at it!
10. ?

1. Have you checked Windows updates and ensured your new installation is fully patched?
5. Checked and experimented with Compatibility Settings for ..\Everquest\LaunchPad.exe?
10. ?
11. Profit? :rock:

10. ?
done all of the above no change , for now i updated EQ on my son's computer and copied pasted it over my install , i can launch the game via RG or i created a shortcut and added patchme that bypasses the launchpad im using the shortcut to log in without RG when im playing on Teek server trying to avoid another temp ban when im on that server. 5+ years of RG on live without a single warning or anything from DB , logged into Teek for under 15 min and got popped lol. should of known better kinda knew the "rule enforcment " only applys to TLP's

the strange part is this Originaly started the Day after May's patch day with the only change being the EQ update at that point it had been months since i did any kind of changes on my PC and weeks since any windows update. everything worked fine on Tue's EQ patched on Wed and my launchpad stopped working would not connect when i tried to update EQ for the patch.

Question - General EQ issue not an RG issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back