• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

GM's invis to /mapfilter? (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
OK, just curious, but can gm's be invis to /mapfilter abilities?
Here is what happened and the reason I ask.....
Playin a new toon at lvl 5 running around zone with druid regen and ds on. I'm running around casting a low end nuke just to do the 1 point dmg on 6 or 7 mobs as I pull them and the ds takes them down. Pulling that many can wipe out my hp fast even with temp on so when I get low, I just run around till the regen get's hp back up some, then stop and let mobs hit me again. Ya, I know I could have just pulled my druid into zone, but was too lazy to 2 box tonight. Here's the odd thing though..... As I am running around at 12% hp left waiting for regen to work, I suddenly get full healed, and stacked with buffs. My map was open the entire time and it showed NO players around me anywhere. I wonder if I was being watched to see if I was cheating somehow being alone and pulling that many mobs and living thru it. I know the map can sometimes lag behind on actually mob and player locations on the map, but all the other mobs and players were seen. None of them were remotely in range to buff me, especially not the lvl of buffs I received. I know the standard gm check, etc. can be useless on them if they want it to be, but I thought the map would always show them.

actually as a GM, they cant heal / touch you, unless they summon or /kill your ass. otherwise, not alowwed to interact with players other than those gay ass answer circles and roleplaying

Well, I understand that they might not be allowed to heal, buff, etc as per the rules they are "supposed" to follow, but it happened none the less LOL. I can only guess like I said that I was being watched because of how many mobs a lvl 5 toon was pulling at once and surviving without having my PL toon inzone.

GMs are perfectly capable of being invis to mapfilter.

GMs are also perfectly capable of buffing you, albeit rarely. Saw one mgb Beta VOQ last week.

They can be invis to anything and even be NPC's. And of course they can heal and buff if they want, within reason. Lots are helpful, especially to noobs.

GM's invis to /mapfilter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back