• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Help with group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
880¢
Been away for a bit and thinking about forming a new damage intrinsic group. I would like to PL two baby new rogues to fill the group. Goal is to get them to 85 to be able to get the new group running
Currently I have an old alts that I have not played for 6+ years- lvl 105 SK, 98 Bard,91 shaman, and 85 zerker that will be the group setup with the new rogues.
Currently at my disposal to help the process- I have 115 mage, 105 Druid, 105 SK and 115 Cleric

Should I create a new baby disposable bard to group with the new baby rogues?

As always the knowledge is greatly appreciated

IMHO, you can powerlevel the baby toons until you are in the 30 level difference range and then they will soak up exp. Additionally, I would drop 1 ROG for a BST. This would give you SHD/SHM/BRD/BST/BER/ROG one of the top, if not the actual top group through ToL.

Unless I am making an assumption with the classes and what you are trying to accomplish...

ReverseDS PL to start, switch to traditional DS PL with the SK to 75 (Yes, I would use a baby bard to tag everything, Golden Pick has been nerfed), use the Cleric to heal out of group while you slaughter (on SK and Druid perhaps just the SK) and add the zerker/shm back as you reach or are near their level.

once the group is around 100-105ish, the cleric won't really be necessary outside unless you are hitting high above your weight class.

Shadow brings up a very good point on the class spread.

BTW the cleric can definitely be automated, even with something so simple as PPL.mac if you don't have anything else in mind.

ReverseDS PL to start, switch to traditional DS PL with the SK to 75 (Yes, I would use a baby bard to tag everything, Golden Pick has been nerfed), use the Cleric to heal out of group while you slaughter (on SK and Druid perhaps just the SK) and add the zerker/shm back as you reach or are near their level.

once the group is around 100-105ish, the cleric won't really be necessary outside unless you are hitting high above your weight class.

Shadow brings up a very good point on the class spread.

BTW the cleric can definitely be automated, even with something so simple as PPL.mac if you don't have anything else in mind.
Golden pick was nerfed? When did that happen? Is it a blanket change? Or do they have a pre-nerf and post nerf version like the Circlet of Shadow(s)?

I would pl the rogs and a class with ae ( bard ,clr, nec or hell just do a whole group) up with the sk to 65ish. Then use the zerk and oog healer from 65- 75 in hot then join the sk and oog clr until everyone's 105+

Golden pick was nerfed? When did that happen? Is it a blanket change? Or do they have a pre-nerf and post nerf version like the Circlet of Shadow(s)?
Proc no longer functions as of last patch from reports.
Last month's patch.
  • Fixed an issue where "The Golden Pick" has been doing more damage than intended.

What others have stated I would also use your 115 mage out of group to drop DS on SK when it has the stack built to DS kill will help speed things up just make sure to drop all DS's when pulling.

Question - Help with group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back