• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

how bout a fake npc quest macro. (1 Viewer)

Cybris

Old Timer
RedCents
4,247¢
Ok I thought of something. Back in the old days of EQ i used to setup some hot buttons with quest scripts to fake out newbs and act like I was an npc.

How hard would it be to make a macro to do this I think it could be really funny. heh Basically would run a script just like the EQ npc's do with keywords that your bot would respond too.

What would be really funny is if it would accept items requested from the script thru the trade window and give the person a reward.

anyhow just wanted to see how fesible it is.

there are a few holes in this idea. 1. PC's have a different trade window then NPC's. 2. If someone chose to attack you, they could not. 3. A lot of quest NPC's have a surname, which shows up in the target box, yours would not. EQ has been around for 7 years, I dont think someone would fall for this hehe. But, it could be done easily.

7 years or not, there are still some noobs out there who are new to the game. You can find them in PoK asking what LFG means. Or where to buy bags. Or where the Burned Woods are.

how bout a fake npc quest macro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back