• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How to start and stop the group (1 Viewer)

whiteviper

RedCents
274¢
I used to use /bcg //target "tankname" then /bcg //mac kissassist.

Now that i use af nuke and auto cleric how can i make a macro to send from my bard (the one i always play) to have the wiz start af nuke the cleric start autocleric and the mage and war start kissassist?

I can still use /bcg //end to stop them all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

One thing I have been playing with is having each toon setup a hotkey, say in HotButton1, that points to a social catered to that particular toon:

Cleric: Social:
Rich (BB code):
/tar ${Group.MainAssist}
/mac autocleric21-beta1

Wiz: Social:
Rich (BB code):
/tar ${Group.MainAssist}
/mac afnuke2

PullerTank: Social
Wiz: Social:
Rich (BB code):
/mac kissassist9_81 PullerTank (Optional: INI Custom.INI Path PathName)

Pure Puller: Social:
Rich (BB code):
/tar ${Group.MainAssist}
/mac kissassist9_81 Puller (Otional: INI Custom.ini Path PathName)

Everyone else: Social:
Rich (BB code):
/tar ${Group.MainAssist}
/mac kissassist9_81 (optional: INI Custom.INI)

These assume you have already created your group, and setup things like MA/MT/Puller/ML etc in the Group Window.

Drop those socials into HotButton1 (the one pressable by hitting '1' - or whatever you want to use).

Then on one toon (your controller toon) you can hotkey something like:
Rich (BB code):
/bcga //keypress 1 (or whatever key you want to use)

Yes it takes a second to get everyone setup, but it pays for itself after a couple of days of logging, relogging, starting and restarting macs, etc...

Could always create a mac that loops thru all members of grp ascertaining class and dynamically assigning Assist and extrapolating via classname the macro to start. That has been in the back of my head but have never really needed it so haven't done it. Once I have custom INI's for all classes for all levels (divisible by 5) then I will write that macro to make it easier to assign the custom INI name dynamically.

On each toon you could write a downshit (if you use MQ2Melee),

Rich (BB code):
downshit59=/if (!${Macro.Name.Equal[MacroName.mac]}) /multiline ; /mac MacroName ; /melee downshit59=0
and then from your toon you send a message
Rich (BB code):
/bcg //target tankname
/bcg //melee downshit59=1
The bcg message will turn on said downshit, the downshit will then start said macro for each toon, and then turn off the downshit (which will allow you to /end without said mac restarting). If you wanted to include the toon your sending the message from use /bcga.
Just make sure that all the toons use the same # for the downshit.
Or you could (as stated above) just do a /bct to each toon (but would probably take 2 hot keys).

Question - How to start and stop the group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back