• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Items named for? (1 Viewer)

I knew about https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=71450 Tikka Great Blade of the Ravager

and the monument to Aradune in East Karana

but I had never heard or seen https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=109776 Ngreth's Pauldrons of Pain!

Any other I missed out on?
oh yeah, there are a ton of player and dev named items

like this

The Tikka sword was named for a player who was greatly loved but passed away in a car wreck, and I know about Aradune being named for Brad Mcquaid (dev) who has also passed and the Ngreth one is also named for Ngreth who is a dev and still alive.

I cannot find any history on Starrla's Sceptor. Just that it can be purchased from an npc.

It would be nice to have history on these items if anyone knows?

The Tikka sword was named for a player who was greatly loved but passed away in a car wreck, and I know about Aradune being named for Brad Mcquaid (dev) who has also passed and the Ngreth one is also named for Ngreth who is a dev and still alive.

I cannot find any history on Starrla's Sceptor. Just that it can be purchased from an npc.

It would be nice to have history on these items if anyone knows?
RiP on bristlebane had a cleric "Starla" (i think she may? have been two Rs back then), and she won something at a everquest convention or something like that.

the reason i remember this, is RoV had the item drop and they messaged us to see if she wanted to loot the item of her namesake and i told her to immediately disband and go grab it - even if the raid wiped it was worth it to get the loot named after her

Weaponsmaster Lidelf In shards landing pays tribute to an old raider on rathe server, if you say “faldil” to him he gives some special message for his family. He’s a template of what his character looked like in game. Kinda cool!​

There's actually a lot of these and they've been doing them for some time now. There were a bunch of raid drops in CoV that were named after the current employees working on the expansion at the time. My guild has had several items from expansions past named after members, some of whom still play.

TSS had a couple. Only one i can think of was the Magmaband of Cestus Dei. There were a couple others.

RoF had a few as well:
Imrahil's Claidhmore of Raging Fury (player and guild)
Durew's Mace of Inverse Logic (player and guild)
Arwyn's Greatbow of Valor

Absor, Aristo, Chandrok, Dzarn, and Elidroth, robably others, had several Vulak items named for them from RoF era. There's probably several other player/guild named items around from RoF I missed, just ones i knew offhand.

There are many guilds with members that have items named after them. There is actually ONE guild in particular that has just about the whole raid force with an item named after them

I was kinda looking to do up a room or the entire house in such items. I did another room in my ship house (The Wayward Lady) with just fabled drops, one with all bows, and figured another theme room would be cool.

Thanks for those specific examples - looks like I need to get going on a "few" raids lol.

Discussion - Items named for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back