• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Patch - July Patch Notes (Test 10, live 17)2024 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
23,189¢
July 9, 2024

*** Items ***

- Sodden Staff of the Kedge's teleport to Dagnor's Cauldron no longer places players underwater. The new location is still potentially dangerous for players lower than level 15, but should now be less drown-y.
- Eye of Fear and all tiers of Rain of Fear armor template items (Dread Touched, Dread, Dread Washed, and Dread Infused Armguards, Boots, Bracer, Gloves, Helm, Leggings, and Tunic) have been flagged as Quest Items.
- The type 7/8 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time will now be in Lore-Equip groups based on the predominant stat they give.
- Updated Beryl Hero's Forge Ornaments to drop in all of the hotzones. Additionally, there are new updated hotzones that can be picked up to level 105.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Final Fugue (Raid) - Yarith will now cast all of her spells as she should. Previously she was pretty much doing nothing. Also, Firethorn's signature defense will no longer trigger on spells that cost less than 10 mana, so it should no longer trigger on procs.
- Final Fugue (Raid) - Tertiary Echo will now break Margator out of his spin and break his speed increase. This means that the "Speed Limit" achievement can be achieved using this method.
- Fixed an issue where Sienn Kastane doesn't respond correctly if the player did the the epic 1.5 pre quest.
- Fixed an issue with "The Rise of Marnek" quests not correctly registering the death of Skeleton L`rodd.
- Fixed an issue with the "Predators of the Sea" quest not registering the location of the goblin camp after the zone was changed.
- Fixed an issue with "Into the Leviathan's Lair" that wouldn't allow you to accept the quest with the correct amount of people in your group.
- Reduced the melee and spell damage done by NPCs from level 30 to 75 in heroic adventures, including the Tides of Time, that use the "Normal" heroic adventures table.
- Tides of Time (Heroic Adventures): Reduced the damage of spells cast within the Tides of Time. The level 60 range will see the most significant change.
- Fixed an error in the spell damage scalar for NPCs above level 120. This will result in increased spell damage in heroic adventures when an NPC is above level 120.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Removed the additional rules acceptance dialog box from Aradune and Rizlona.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Task replay and request timer chat messages will now show seconds remaining.
- Corrected an issue with the Tribute Gain Modifier not affecting guild tribute donations.
- Improved world performance when a large number of players are online.
- Optimized spell processing which should result in increased zone performance.
- Made performance improvements to the Tradeskill Depot.
- Added the option to use /who on a player by clicking their name in a chat window.

*** UI ***

- Minimizing the game's desktop window no longer causes the client to become unresponsive.
- The game client's desktop window correctly saves its state when camping out by clicking the close window button.
- The game client once again saves the size and position of its desktop window immediately after manually moving/resizing the window.
- Updated the server select screen to fit a resolution of 1024x768.
- With the New UI Engine display option disabled, most in-game windows will now save their positions distinctly for each desktop window mode: restored, maximized, and fullscreen. Notable exceptions that are not yet fixed include: Main Chat Window.
- Fixed an issue where some game windows would reopen automatically after the player closes them.
- Fixed a visual artifact where the cursor would incorrectly display the previously held item.
- Reduced game hitching when using ALT+TAB while in full screen mode.

*** Previously Updated ***

- The game's desktop window once again correctly toggles between maximized and minimized state.
- The game client no longer crashes when spamming the WINDOWS+D key.

- The EverQuest Team

Some people were reporting visual errors and distortions when fullscreen, so I wonder if there will be another exe pushed. I don't do any fullscreen and had no problems. The "get my old layout to work with the new changes" process worked very smoothly.

Last edited:
Well I wonder how many augs I'm gonna have to replace now since they decided to make tides of time lore equipped, I think it's pretty lame they are doing that.
This one hits me as well, anyone actively leveling now likely has multiples for the ease of stacking AC/HP. These things are killer from 105 on.

Thankfully I'm actively farming the next level range worth of augs so making the switch in a week likely won't murder my tanks AC.

The patch seems to break my UI the firt time I log in a toon. it places the windows in what i would assume are random locations. Luckily if you do a "copy layout" everything looks normal again.

The patch seems to break my UI the firt time I log in a toon. it places the windows in what i would assume are random locations. Luckily if you do a "copy layout" everything looks normal again.
That is what is intended. They altered how different window sizes get their layout information. Initially your "old" layout is only in the old format so your "new" window size based layout is jumbled/junk. Then you copy in your old layout to the new format and forget about this all. It's why I said I thought they did it well - just run the command and pick your char and everything is back in place.

Better might have been to do that automatically first time, but maybe your window is the wrong / different size so I guess that's why they didn't do it?
Or it's test, so they test it first.

This one hits me as well, anyone actively leveling now likely has multiples for the ease of stacking AC/HP. These things are killer from 105 on.

Thankfully I'm actively farming the next level range worth of augs so making the switch in a week likely won't murder my tanks AC.
So you can’t wear the same type lvl 115s and 125s now?

Can someone explain this? From 30 to 75… what does that even mean?
the three lines in the patch notes -
- Reduced the melee and spell damage done by NPCs from level 30 to 75 in heroic adventures, including the Tides of Time, that use the "Normal" heroic adventures table.
- Tides of Time (Heroic Adventures): Reduced the damage of spells cast within the Tides of Time. The level 60 range will see the most significant change.
- Fixed an error in the spell damage scalar for NPCs above level 120. This will result in increased spell damage in heroic adventures when an NPC is above level 120.

seem to all refer to damage done by mobs, via spell or melee (depends on the line above), in heroic adventures, where the mob level is in the range noted in each line above, ie in your quote, for mobs level 30 to 75 in various heroic adventures, the damage output is reduced.
It further goes on to say in the other line that they also fixed an error in the spell damage for npcs above 120 and they get to have MORE damage, great.

the three lines in the patch notes -

seem to all refer to damage done by mobs, via spell or melee (depends on the line above), in heroic adventures, where the mob level is in the range noted in each line above, ie in your quote, for mobs level 30 to 75 in various heroic adventures, the damage output is reduced.
It further goes on to say in the other line that they also fixed an error in the spell damage for npcs above 120 and they get to have MORE damage, great.
Ahh. Ok so mobs in the 30-75 level they have reduced damage. But mobs under level 30 are unchanged… not sure why they didn’t go below 30.

This will hopefully make things easier at level 60 on Teek. They are brutal.

Versus on live where they are completely trivial.

Ahh. Ok so mobs in the 30-75 level they have reduced damage. But mobs under level 30 are unchanged… not sure why they didn’t go below 30.

This will hopefully make things easier at level 60 on Teek. They are brutal.

Versus on live where they are completely trivial.
It says it's for heroic adventures which are instanced missions. I'm assuming the affected missions are only available starting at 30 and either only go up to 75 or only needed scaling tweaked up to 75.

It says it's for heroic adventures which are instanced missions. I'm assuming the affected missions are only available starting at 30 and either only go up to 75 or only needed scaling tweaked up to 75.
Probably why cheesing the tower quests with a lvl 2 mage is laughable. Instance scaling don’t really kick in to level 30.

On second thoughts, or rather, after playing for some while and switching (maximised, 2 screens) windows between chars and other tasks, it's a bit sloppy. The window often flashes on loss or gain of focus, and various eq ui windows forget their settings when that happens, eg bags, most npc activity windows like bank/tribute, and various other things. The window size itself seems to change of it's own accord too, my windows were all maximised, and I am often finding one of the several with a 1 inch gap along right and bottom sides, no action to do this on my part.

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, July 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Estimated downtime is expected to be 12 hours (downtime is extended for the Thornblade to Mischief server merge).

Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available.

*Convert to your local time

downtime is extended for the Thornblade to Mischief server merge
While I know nothing about server merging, nor how DP does it, it just seems so odd a statement to me from them to say you all must wait longer because of these two servers merging. How about fix up the rest of us first, and then deal with those two servers. You'd have more happy customers.

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, July 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Estimated downtime is expected to be 12 hours (downtime is extended for the Thornblade to Mischief server merge).

Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available.

*Convert to your local time

I will have to wait until Thursday for my suspensions to be lifted to see how broke my UI is since my downtime is 12hours+ :toot:

July 9, 2024

*** Items ***

- The type 7/8 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time will now be in Lore-Equip groups based on the predominant stat they give.
This is a massive W for TLP servers. With the way that those augs were working you could use the previous expansion's tower augs. So, if they hadn't made this change then we were about to end up having Anniversary tower augs in every slot. Very grateful that is not that case considering they're already BiS in like up to 5 slots depending on your class.

Highlights
  • The Thornblade server has been merged into Mischief.
Items
  • Sodden Staff of the Kedge's teleport to Dagnor's Cauldron no longer places players underwater. The new location is still potentially dangerous for players lower than level 15, but should now be less drown-y.
  • Eye of Fear and all tiers of Rain of Fear armor template items (Dread Touched, Dread, Dread Washed, and Dread Infused Armguards, Boots, Bracer, Gloves, Helm, Leggings, and Tunic) have been flagged as Quest Items.
  • The type 7/8 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time will now be in Lore-Equip groups based on the predominant stat they give.
  • Fixed an issue where "The Golden Pick" has been doing more damage than intended.
  • Updated Beryl Hero's Forge Ornaments to drop in all of the hotzones. Additionally, there are new updated hotzones that can be picked up to level 105.
Quests & Events
  • Fixed an issue where Sienn Kastane doesn't respond correctly if the player did the the epic 1.5 pre quest.
  • Fixed an issue with "The Rise of Marnek" quests not correctly registering the death of Skeleton L`rodd.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Predators of the Sea" quest not registering the location of the goblin camp after the zone was changed.
  • Fixed an issue with "Into the Leviathan's Lair" that wouldn't allow you to accept the quest with the correct amount of people in your group.
  • Reduced the melee and spell damage done by NPCs from level 30 to 75 in heroic adventures, including the Tides of Time, that use the "Normal" heroic adventures table.
  • Tides of Time (Heroic Adventures): Reduced the damage of spells cast within the Tides of Time. The level 60 range will see the most significant change.
  • Fixed an error in the spell damage scalar for NPCs above level 120. This will result in increased spell damage in heroic adventures when an NPC is above level 120.
  • Added a minimum level to Franklin Teek hotzone quests.
Mercenaries
  • Buffs that are too powerful for a mercenary will now be removed when it is unsuspended.
Progression Servers
  • Removed the additional rules acceptance dialog box from Aradune and Rizlona.
Miscellaneous
  • Task replay and request timer chat messages will now show seconds remaining.
  • Corrected an issue with the Tribute Gain Modifier not affecting guild tribute donations.
  • Improved world performance when a large number of players are online.
  • Weapons will no longer give a damage bonus if they are equipped but unusable.
  • Optimized spell processing which should result in increased zone performance.
  • Made performance improvements to the Tradeskill Depot.
  • Added the option to use /who on a player by clicking their name in a chat window.
UI
  • Minimizing the game's desktop window no longer causes the client to become unresponsive.
  • The game client's desktop window correctly saves its state when camping out by clicking the close window button.
  • The game client once again saves the size and position of its desktop window immediately after manually moving/resizing the window.
  • Updated the server select screen to fit a resolution of 1024x768.
  • With the New UI Engine display option disabled, most in-game windows will now save their positions distinctly for each desktop window mode: restored, maximized, and fullscreen. Notable exceptions that are not yet fixed include: Main Chat Window.
  • Fixed an issue where some game windows would reopen automatically after the player closes them.
  • Fixed a visual artifact where the cursor would incorrectly display the previously held item.
  • Reduced game hitching when using ALT+TAB while in full screen mode.
  • Fixed a bug that unmaximized the game's desktop window if it was minimized.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game's desktop window to unminimize when it was deactivated.
Previously Updated
  • The game's desktop window once again correctly toggles between maximized and minimized state.
  • The game client no longer crashes when spamming the WINDOWS+D key.
The EverQuest Team

INI:
Added the option to use /who on a player by clicking their name in a chat window.
Cool I guess, but like so many things.. why spend time on this, always saying you are short staffed.

INI:
Buffs that are too powerful for a mercenary will now be removed when it is unsuspended.
Not sure I understand this one, whats 'too powerful'? Spells have level based. Help me?

INI:
Fixed an issue where "The Golden Pick" has been doing more damage than intended.
Really? Really? ...sigh. Is it that a big a deal?

INI:
Improved world performance when a large number of players are online.

Optimized spell processing which should result in increased zone performance.

Made performance improvements to the Tradeskill Depot.
This seems great, wish they would tout good accomplishments like this more.

INI:
With the New UI Engine display option disabled, most in-game windows will now save...blaH BLAH BLAH
Laughable. 'Please disable' the main UI feature we worked on so so much and not use it, oh and we fixed the save for you, that should not have been broken anyways. thanks.

INI:
Buffs that are too powerful for a mercenary will now be removed when it is unsuspended.
Not sure I understand this one, whats 'too powerful'? Spells have level based. Help me?
Maybe a persona bug somewhere?

The transfer bug definitely didn't work when I tried it earlier this week, buffs over that level were stripped. (at least, when a 120 transferred an appropriately buffed merc to a level 1)

My windows were all jacked up as well. I was able to fix it by copying the windowed layout of a master layout I use across all my chars, that restored my original positioning. I also noticed all my chars now have extra full screen layouts.

Did the same to me. Windows seemed to be just random all over.

Did they fix the Zaxis issue hitting mobs?

A small fix I found after the servers went back up was to copy layout. Whatever toon I loaded I went to options, copy layout then selected the character name I loaded into the game and it put the all the windows back where I had it originally.

Patch - July Patch Notes (Test 10, live 17)2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back