• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - June 24, 2024 hotfix - don't patch eq yet. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
might sound silly when the updates happen does it only effect the eqgame.exe file? So if I patched on one cpu, can I just delete and move the old exe over?
It can do multiple files and I believe the launcher shows you which one(s) the first time it updates so you could copy them from an un-updated directory/pc to fix the fix (haha).

This is happening to me today. EQ is the newer version and MQ seems to be a week old so it will not launch.
EQ pushed an update earlier, so MQ needs to be updated. You should be using mq2autologin to avoid this issue and only patch EQ when necessary. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for MQ to be patched or restore a backed up versions of the files EQ patched for MQ to work.

EQ pushed an update earlier, so MQ needs to be updated. You should be using mq2autologin to avoid this issue and only patch EQ when necessary. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for MQ to be patched or restore a backed up versions of the files EQ patched for MQ to work.

Thats a good idea in theory, but when I am getting random crashes lately due to MQ2, I cannot help but relog.

Too late - don't usually use autologin unless its a patch day - there was no notice that it was a patch day so screwed myself - just hope there is an update soon - oh well cleaning of bags is needed.

So i updated EQ yall already know what happend. I am still having auto loggin problems so i have always logged in manually. So what can i do besides wait?

So i updated EQ yall already know what happend. I am still having auto loggin problems so i have always logged in manually. So what can i do besides wait?
Nothing, unless you have backups of the files. And don't ask for them here because getting .exe files from strangers on the internet is a VERY bad idea (even though if you search you "might" find someone who has created a non RG sanctioned repository).

Nothing, unless you have backups of the files. And don't ask for them here because getting .exe files from strangers on the internet is a VERY bad idea (even though if you search you "might" find someone who has created a non RG sanctioned repository).
so we wait? How long does it usely take?

Wow, was the red message put on everyone's forums directly to them? Was scary cause it called me by name and told me not to patch!!

"Redmonkey, DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to.......etc"

I have not played in over 6 weeks so no worries about me patching, but thanks! 😁

Greetings, Just trying to confirm. When I use red-guides launcher and try to login it brings up a 'page failed' message for me and does seem to be working. Is this related to the posts above?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-24 185916.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-24 185916.png
    76 KB · Views: 0
Greetings, Just trying to confirm. When I use red-guides launcher and try to login it brings up a 'page failed' message for me and does seem to be working. Is this related to the posts above?
I don't think so - that seems to be trying to connect to RG on your local loopback IP, rather than going out to the internet.

IRL - June 24, 2024 hotfix - don't patch eq yet.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back