• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Lag Problem (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,227¢
Lately I can't take my 4-box team to any of the CoTF zones because of the lag. I didn't have as much of a problem a few months ago, and I'm not sure what changed. I've got the MQ2FPS plugin loaded. My computer isn't great, but I'm wondering if there are in-game changes I can make to fix this and/or would a new graphics card fix it? I currently have ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, ( says "Up to 256MB of Shared Video Memory").

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have updated my eqclient.ini file with the following settings for my quad-core:

Rich (BB code):
CPUAffinity0=0
CPUAffinity1=1
CPUAffinity2=2
CPUAffinity3=3

I would upgrade the card, but I would take a look at task manager while you are lagging. Check and see what your Memory usages is as well as what the CPU usage is running. The other thing that can slow things down a lot is if your are using Virtual memory, If you are than that's a whole different set of problems.

Something might be in the background on your computer or is your hard drive full? Mine is still running just fine in the cotf zones and I have an older machine as well. (I can only run 4 though, if I add a 5th it goes wonky)

Speaking of... Where have you been! :-)

The only other thing is Google chrome, but I need it for work. I keep few tabs open. But when I look at the task manager, there are about 8 chrome.exe running. And only two tabs.

I'm looking at grabbing a GeForce GT 630 as a quick upgrade. It's on sale for about $70.

The card should help some, but there could be other issues causing the problem, So don't think that the Video Card is going to completely fix the problem, because it may not. Check your hard drive for free space and check to see if it needs to be defragged. In task manager check your performance and see how much memory is being used. As far as chrome goes, I would completely shutdown and reboot the computer. when you have logged into the computer, check task manager and see what's running, then just bring up chrome like you normally would and do nothing else then check task manager and see how many instances of chrome are loaded. I have had problems with chrome leaving instances of itself loaded after closing tabs.

Question - Lag Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back