• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Looking for a way to autouse lockpicking tool (1 Viewer)

RedCents
419¢
Running around and having many stuck doors and wondering if we have a good lockpick tool script or tool that will recognize a locked door and auto open it (with a set of lockpicks on character of course). Thanks. I saw MQ2Rogue has that feature, but I can't get it right now.

Trying to do this month's collection set in Karnor's Castle with a bard who had lockpick tools. I couldn't figure out how to automate this. Was using CTWN's awesome ground spawn plugin but the 2 locked doors kept kicking my ass.

Would need to event check for message "it's locked and you're not holding the key", then pick up the lockpick tool of your choice so it's on your cursor, then target the nearest door and click the door while holding the lockpick device.

A bit beyond my scripting capabilities for now.

Edit: Found a method that works for me... inserted the following code in the bard's mq2events_character.ini file:

Unlock door:
[LockedDoor]
trigger=#*# and you're not holding the key#*#
command=/multiline ; /echo Unlocking the door ; /timed 1 /itemnotify "Cheirometric Lockpick Device" leftmouseup ; /timed 3 /doortarget ; /timed 5 /click left door ; /timed 7 /autoinv ; /timed 9 /autoinv

Edited again to correct my code. The /timed statements needed to be incorporated inside the semicolon delimiters. Works much smoother now!

Last edited:
Trying to do this month's collection set in Karnor's Castle with a bard who had lockpick tools. I couldn't figure out how to automate this. Was using CTWN's awesome ground spawn plugin but the 2 locked doors kept kicking my ass.

Would need to event check for message "it's locked and you're not holding the key", then pick up the lockpick tool of your choice so it's on your cursor, then target the nearest door and click the door while holding the lockpick device.

A bit beyond my scripting capabilities for now.

Edit: Found a method that works for me... inserted the following code in the bard's mq2events_character.ini file:

Unlock door:
[LockedDoor]
trigger=#*# and you're not holding the key#*#
command=/multiline ; /echo Unlocking the door ; /timed 2 ; /itemnotify "Cheirometric Lockpick Device" leftmouseup ; /timed 4 ; /doortarget ; /timed 6 ; /click left door ; /timed 8 ; /autoinv
Both mq2rogue and unreleased Brad automatically pick locks

Both mq2rogue and unreleased Brad automatically pick locks
I just may love Brad. :shrug:

brad pitt pelicula GIF
Give It To Me Want GIF

EverQuest needs to add a rouge/bard quest where there is a reward augment that has the effect among others of lockpicking that you add to you gloves so if you are a lockpicking class and gave the augment on your gloves any door you click on will open as if you had a lockpick in your hands or maybe make a high level tinker be able to make the augment to sell from rare drop items like Crystallized Restless Ore which is no drop that the tinker has to farm and it makes a wrapped item that once unwrapped is no drop.

Converted to LEM - You'll need to change /mqp on/off to pause your automation, if it's not a macro, and change mechanized lockpicks to whatever you are using. Tested in Karnor's with Groundgrab.mac

Unlock Door:
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

Unlock Door:
local mq = require('mq')

if not package.loaded['events'] then print('This script is intended to be imported to Lua Event Manager (LEM). Try "\a-t/lua run lem\a-x"') end

local function event_handler()
    -- pause automation, alternatively have autostand off
    -- mq.cmdf('/%s pause on', mq.TLO.Me.Class.ShortName())
    mq.cmd('/mqp on')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/itemnotify "Mechanized Lockpicks" leftmouseup')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/doortarget')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/click left door')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/autoinv')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/mqp off')
end

return {eventfunc=event_handler}

Converted to LEM - You'll need to change /mqp on/off to pause your automation, if it's not a macro, and change mechanized lockpicks to whatever you are using. Tested in Karnor's with Groundgrab.mac

Unlock Door:
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

Unlock Door:
local mq = require('mq')

if not package.loaded['events'] then print('This script is intended to be imported to Lua Event Manager (LEM). Try "\a-t/lua run lem\a-x"') end

local function event_handler()
    -- pause automation, alternatively have autostand off
    -- mq.cmdf('/%s pause on', mq.TLO.Me.Class.ShortName())
    mq.cmd('/mqp on')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/itemnotify "Mechanized Lockpicks" leftmouseup')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/doortarget')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/click left door')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/autoinv')
    mq.delay(200)
    mq.cmd('/mqp off')
end

return {eventfunc=event_handler}
let me be real clear here - you're doing a "/whatever pause on" like a /rog pause on

mq2rogue already handles using a lockpick, and we even check for all the various lockpicks and prioritize which one is the best

1725830540647.png

1725830680080.png

obviously this doesn't cover non-mq2rogue using rogues --- but you're using the class shortname in the above example.

Am I mistaken in that that part is commented out in the script example?
It is obviously, but it is still there, would be better (and less confusing for folks) if it wasn't.

People often forget that the avg joe doesn't know anything about code, but can copy paste and even modify/edit enough to get in trouble.

The instructions say modify it for your automation, which again, to the avg joe looks a lot like "I should uncomment this to modify it for my automation".

Problem - Looking for a way to autouse lockpicking tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back