• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Macro Copy (1 Viewer)

Jelly Belly

RedCents
233¢
HI, I am wondering if there is a plugin or macro that allows me to copy/paste a macro from one toon to another? I know about copy layout and copy socials, but I am thinking about a single macro. Copying an entire social set from my mage to my warrior will overwrite my warrior specific macros and vice versa.

HI, I am wondering if there is a plugin or macro that allows me to copy/paste a macro from one toon to another? I know about copy layout and copy socials, but I am thinking about a single macro. Copying an entire social set from my mage to my warrior will overwrite my warrior specific macros and vice versa.
hrm, you could open it up and copy it and then past it into toon's ini that you want to keep it.

they're in your EverQuest folder

if you copy the stuff you can also do something like utilize the /hot command to create a hotkey > example here <

what would the file name be in the EQ folder? I see a <Toonname>_<server> config file. I open it but it doesn't have the macros to copy paste. it looks like it has all the settings for blocked spells and hotkey set ups.

what would the file name be in the EQ folder? I see a <Toonname>_<server> config file. I open it but it doesn't have the macros to copy paste. it looks like it has all the settings for blocked spells and hotkey set ups.

Character specific files in EQ are:

UI_character_server.ini
character_server.ini
eqclient.ini

character_server.ini -> scroll down to the [Socials] section. Here's an example:

INI:
Page2Button6Name=Fishing
Page2Button6Color=0
Page2Button6Line1=/autoinventory
Page2Button6Line2=/pause 10
Page2Button6Line3=/bandolier activate fishingpole
Page2Button6Line4=/pause 10
Page2Button6Line5=/doability 2

Question - Macro Copy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back