• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Mage Crashing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
252¢
This may or may not be a 'only' mage issue, best I can tell its mainly the mage. Issue is an immediate crash after I have options chosen and started on a private Lua that I have not made public yet. The mage is the only one that crashes consistently upon usage. The Lua starts fine and all is great until I choose options within and hit a button to make things happen. It has worked flawlessly for months as its been built, until today, which I did have to update EQ and RG. A different class did crash also, though I forget the capture the crash ID, apologies, that character was not running the Lua and did crash before the Lua was open. I mention it in the case there is something more than just the Lua. I would be happy to privately supply more info if needed to help. In my mind, its my script's fault, as maybe things I have not learned about yet.

Hoping @brainiac or @Sic would mind looking if there is an issue thy can see from:
---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:

Process ID: 20204
Version: 3.1.0.2583
Location: mq::datatypes::MQ2Type::CanEvaluateMethodOrMember+0 (C:\Users\cyber\Desktop\Next\MQ2Main.dll+00000000002114B0)

CrashID: 534f78a2-c2b1-4990-9b88-73edf2ebd88a

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Copy the contents of this dialog to your clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C

Retry Cancel

thank you for any assistance.

How do I evaluate what this problem might be? mq::datatypes::MQ2Type::CanEvaluateMethodOrMember+0
I do not get any red error message, just closes.
I went back to a older version that was more simple (and also worked perfectly before) and got this:

EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:

Process ID: 24492
Version: 3.1.0.2583
Location: mq::datatypes::MQ2Type::CanEvaluateMethodOrMember+0 (C:\Users\cyber\Desktop\Next\MQ2Main.dll+00000000002114B0)

CrashID: 761dd4ce-2c4b-4169-a4cd-4edf3980acca

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Copy the contents of this dialog to your clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C

Retry Cancel

My Wizard crashed as well in the last two nights in a row with pretty much the same error as above. Was running KA at the time. My intuition is it crashed because I was messing with /mqp, /end, and /casting at the time.

After crashing there was no LD tag on the name. First time I didn't know what to do because the window vanished due to crash but the Wizard stayed logged in with no LD tag. Logging in with autologin and forcing the character to quit solves that issue but still surprised that there's no LD tag after crashing.

Problem - Mage Crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back