• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

map questions... (1 Viewer)

chance98

RedCents
71¢
i forget when using mq2map... there is a way to filter out to where all you see is just the nameds on the map... anyone remember how to filter out all the mobs begining with the letter "a".

i dont believe so, but you can just turn npcs off and turn tracking on and just track and have mapfilter target on..... that will show your target and a line to it as well. Dunno if that helps at all but its all i got

I can really only afford 1 MMO at the moment (and I pay the podcast hosting too), so I'm sticking with WoW. No worries, as I'm still handling the compiles. Everyone's fast to post the new .exe files as soon as they're available, so getting compiles up and running has been no problem.

I've also been using the downtime to try out the free trials on games. It's been cool checking out the stuff out there, like EVE Online, as I talked about in the last podcast. Also tried out City of Heroes, which is fun.

any named ?? or just the name you put.. basically like checking out old zones see what nameds are up but hate trying to find them when they are all the same color

that works ty.. i just want to be able to zone into old zones like pop and see what nameds are up... hehe love getting my whole crew there pet swarm weapons lol

i forget when using mq2map... there is a way to filter out to where all you see is just the nameds on the map... anyone remember how to filter out all the mobs begining with the letter "a".

After I use the "/mapfilter NPC" command to hide all the NPCs I simply use this command:

Rich (BB code):
/mapshow #

That seems to display any named NPCs and mobs in the zone including quest NPCs.

Last edited:
I have another map question. For some reason it seems that the colors for mercenary's and corpses have been switched somehow. I cant seem to change them.

alittle more experimenting and it seems that Mercenary's color's are for some reason "NPCCorpse" color's and vise-versa. When I set NPCCorpse color to something, my mercenary then appears to that color. And when I set mercenary color to something, the corpses appear that color. Very odd.. Doesnt bother me so much that its like this then that I dident know why. :)

map questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back