• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Maximum DPS Group With No Mez/Splitting Required (1 Viewer)

RedCents
770¢
If I were ONLY looking for a MAXIMUM DPS group with an SK as the tank and a shaman as the healer, would you guys say 4x Melee DPS (like 4 rogues) or 3x melee + a bard is more overall group dps? I am not concerned with pulling or mezzing...I am ONLY looking for the maximum dps possible.

What say you?

Shaman, SK, Bard, Rogue, Ranger, Beastlord

Make sure you have your Epic 2.0 on The Shaman, SK and Bard.

I'd run RGMercs Lua on the Bard
And The CTWN Plugins on the other 5
With the Shaman set to Hybrid or DPS
And of course make sure you have the best weapons possible on the SK Rogue Bard, and 1handers have a little better DPS now on the Beastlord. And you want your Ranger set to firing Arrows with the Best Bow possible Ancient Arrows and of course a haste modified Quiver.
Ranger with Max AA will do as much damage as your Rogue.

I'm running:

SK, bard, Ranger, Zerker, Sham, Cleric and the DPS is quite high.

For group content I could change one of the healers to a beast (tempted to do this on the cleric) but my group is not fully raid geared yet so I'm holding off.

You need to specify. Max DPS for a burn on a boss? Max sustained over 15 minutes? 2 hours? The answers may be slightly different. If not, roughly what kaen said, with a couple possible ups and downs for the 2 pure dps slots

You need to specify. Max DPS for a burn on a boss? Max sustained over 15 minutes? 2 hours? The answers may be slightly different. If not, roughly what kaen said, with a couple possible ups and downs for the 2 pure dps slots
Max DPS while just messing around grinding them. Not worried about maximizing the survivability/completing missions. Just wanting to do pure dps grinding for gits and shiggles.

If I were ONLY looking for a MAXIMUM DPS group with an SK as the tank and a shaman as the healer, would you guys say 4x Melee DPS (like 4 rogues) or 3x melee + a bard is more overall group dps? I am not concerned with pulling or mezzing...I am ONLY looking for the maximum dps possible.

What say you?
SK/SHM/MAG/MAG/MAG and... Mage motherfucker...

Yea i said 4x mages...boom sha ka la ka ...

Or...1 muggle tank (warrior) and 5 finger wagglers...

Harry Potter Wizard GIF

Last edited:
shd, shm, brd, rog, bst, ber
This was a great group for Crusaders mission, had the Each dragon with at least one full burn on it. It didnt matter the order per say but I used Rogue on first dragon burn, Beast on second dragon burn, Zerker on third dragon burn and SK HT burn last dragon with bard Dirge. Everything melted nicely and you would have to slow it down to get the one achievemnt. Spaced Epics out on first three Dragons too.

Shaman, SK, Bard, Rogue, Ranger, Beastlord

Make sure you have your Epic 2.0 on The Shaman, SK and Bard.

I'd run RGMercs Lua on the Bard
And The CTWN Plugins on the other 5
With the Shaman set to Hybrid or DPS
And of course make sure you have the best weapons possible on the SK Rogue Bard, and 1handers have a little better DPS now on the Beastlord. And you want your Ranger set to firing Arrows with the Best Bow possible Ancient Arrows and of course a haste modified Quiver.
Ranger with Max AA will do as much damage as your Rogue.

Screw Ranger..... having to stay outa range to plink their little slingshots. MAGE over Ranga
SK/SHM/MAG/MAG/MAG and... Mage motherfucker...

Yea i said 4x mages...boom sha ka la ka ...

Almost!!!!! Bring bard back for haste/mana and hp regen/ and whatever other wierd ass song you wanna play while whacking the back of mobs asses, instead of the "Mage Motherfucker" :P

Even with no cc I would still run a support class for the adps. Normally works out better than a dps class when adding the extra up

EQ doesnt like you to class stack (as a core design), so best dps will be what kaen pointed out .
What do you mean they don't like class stacking as a core design? what do you mean by that. Then why did they make an entire line of spells that do massive damage only when you have 3 or more of a single class fighting the same mob?

Raids.
What do you mean they don't like class stacking as a core design? what do you mean by that. Then why did they make an entire line of spells that do massive damage only when you have 3 or more of a single class fighting the same mob?
Raids, I would imagine. You could argue the opposite of what you are saying if you looked at synergy effects, which can punish that stacking in a group.

They've backed away from the alliance lines by not tuning their damage to keep pace with mob HP over the years.

They've backed away from the alliance lines by not tuning their damage to keep pace with mob HP over the years.
Ok thanks for the response, that's good to know because I was thinking of trying out a few alliance based groups but knowing they wont take you to the end game kinda makes the idea obsolete.

how do you feel about zerkers and mages having multiples of them in a group any benefit/drawbacks?
I did 3x zerkers back when alliance was fresh and it just didn't trigger reliably since it's proc-based. Berserkers don't stack ADPS much at all, so it'd be better to have a rog or mnk added with a berserker instead of 2 berserkers

I did 3x mages for the last few years and it was really strong but I didn't use alliance (too weak, too many mobs died too soon and I often had the mages spread out on mobs instead of focusing one mob down). I used 3x mages with an SK tank and the mage pets offered decent tanking assistance to alleviate pressure on the tank, especially when on dispersed targets. Mages give each other some ADPS (from Conjurer's Synergy and Elemental Flames) so it worked OK. Shm/Brd boost mage swarm pet damage quite a bit via auras, so it was more of a melee team than it sounds. I'm switching to melee since they buffed weapon damage so much in the last expansion and because I've been doing mages for a few years now and want to change things up.

Last edited:
how do you feel about zerkers and mages having multiples of them in a group any benefit/drawbacks?
while having multiple zerkers is viable,you would be getting similar dps out of a monk with more adps assuming the toons are both max geared and aaed. the zerker has a edge in not needing as much hdex which is currently the hardest thing to aquire. zerkers have a very low gear requirement to be fully viable as a group geared toon 2500-3k hdex vs the monks 3k-5k hdex needed

mages are never going to give you the same amount of boom as a pure melee without sacrificing the dps of sk who will end up doing more dps than the mages on average even without the massive boost melee adps gives. to aquire as much boom as a pure melee group you would have to have bard shaman sk enchanter wizard wizard right now. mages don't even get into the running as they are just a low burst dps class without proper play that most automation has a issue providing

Question - Maximum DPS Group With No Mez/Splitting Required

Users who are viewing this thread

Back