• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - More Pulling Questions (1 Viewer)

unknown0021

RedCents
Been having some trouble trying to figure out how to setup my bard as a puller and pulling with throwing knives. Is a way to automatically reload once stack is exhausted.

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance.

Edit.. There any way around running into the issue too close to pull with ranged weapon?

Editx2 (Sorry keep running into different issues :/ ).. Also noticing my Bard after pulling and returning to camp he just stands around for a while before assisting? Some setting that modifies that? My Assist PCT is at 95.

Last edited:
What knives exactly are you pulling with with?

The too close to use a ranged weapon that's something i will be be fixing this week.

Is your tank engaging the mob next to the bard. Him just standing there sounds like a range issue of some sort.

Try PullerTank for your bard, he wont hold aggro on a real tank anyway but not wait for anyone to engage his target.
Also use Boastful Bellow to pull, works like a charm and never runs out of knifes.

I agree pulling with Boastful Bellow is a great idea. You also won't run into the issue of being too close to use a ranged weapon. But, that's not what you asked.

To keep knives summoned, you will need a buff like this one:

INI:
Buffs1=Mysterious Belt of Daggers|Summon|Well Balanced Throwing Knife|200

If he is not assisting right away, it may be because it takes the tank a while to get the mob to 95 %. Watch that and see if you want to up it. I usually do 98 or 97.

Thanks, will try out Boastful Bellow once i get there. This is a new toon so he is only lvl 10. I am using the vendor sold Throwing knifes, it seems as long as I have them in my bag it will continue reloading. I had to start pulling with these throwing knives because my bard kept falling behind the mob he was trying to pull and follow him for a bit and pretty much give up because he wouldnt catch up. So the knives just guarantee the pull without him having to run back to camp and try again.

I will give pullertank a try especially being a low lvl mobs won't do much to him right now but it wasn't the percentage, the first hit by the tank would bring the mob down to about 80%. Basically what happen is my bard runs out. Targets mob throws knife, drops target and run mob back to camp. He stands there for a bit depending on he mob sometimes he will attack if it takes long enough to kill it or once it dies he will just go pull again. Again low level mobs doesn't really matter now but just wasnt sure if i was configuring something wrong and was going to have the same issue at higher lvls when it actually mattered :). Pullertank I set that up in his .ini but when i kick him off do i have to do kissassist puller or do i have to do kissassist pullertank?

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions really appreciate it.

kissassist pullertank, when your higher level I would use Boastful Bellow, I tried to get throwing knives to work in the past and seemed to always have issues. When using the AA i never had any issues and always pulled great!

So i was watching it run some more this morning and noticed something different that i did not see it doing yesterday. I don't think i changed anything but will copy over his config just in case it is something i am missing. So he yesterday when i got the issue with too close to pull with range was because i set up camp too close to mobs and he would turn to them and they were too close for throwing knives. Today he runs over to pull but he runs too close to the mob and gets that issue. A lot of times the mob will aggro him anyways since he gets too close and he just runs him back to camp. Is it one of my settings in the characters ini that decides how close to get to pull or would it be one of the others?

Also for the standing around he is doing the same as puller tank. When he gets back to camp after pulling the mob he will stand around for a bit before attacking. But he keeps the mob targeted.

Thanks again and here is his configs.

[General]
KissAssistVer=7.1
Role=PullerTank
CampRadius=5
CampRadiusExceed=2000
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=1
ChaseDistance=200
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=0
TwistWhat=1 2 3 5
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=NULL
Buffs2=NULL
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=25
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=1 2 3 5
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=0
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=NULL
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Pull]
PullTwistOn=0
PullWith=Throwing Knife|Throwing Knife
MaxRadius=1350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
[Mez]
MezOn=0
MezRadius=50
MezMinLevel=Min Mez Spell Level
MezMaxLevel=Max Mez Spell Level
MezStopHPs=80
MezSpell=Your Mez Spell
MezAESpell=Your AE Mez Spell|0
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

these are whacky your campradus at 5 is the main problem
Rich (BB code):
CampRadius=5