• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - MQ Window gone? (1 Viewer)

Soandso2

RedCents
977¢
Right... I know there is a thread called this already but it is old and gross and stinky, and it really wants me to create a new thread. :P

In the beginning, in the dawn of time, really, like over a year ago, I compiled my own versions of MQ until I was made aware of RedGuides and the launcher. After setting up RG Launcher, everything was fine and dandy.
Now I got a new computer and I went for the RQ launcher right away, but things turned out much complicated than I remember it being when I first started using it.
1) First of all, the launcher does not remember where my everquest game is, so I have to re-locate it every time. Not sure why it does not save the location
2) More importantly, my beloved MQ window is gone. I can get some other kind of gui console instead but it covers the entire width of the screen and I cannot see how to change it's size. I could unload that and also make the "old" MQ console stuff appear in my regular chat window, but the dedicated MQ window is just gone. I CAN however see it at the character select screen! So.. I mean, it is there somewhere but I cannot figure out how to make it visible when I am running around in the world!

Please help, I just want to play my game... :)

Solution
2 -
/mqconsole show - is the newer window (ctrl + `)

This is the older one - https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2chatwnd.110/

/plugin mq2chat unload to not have mq output go to your eq windows

2 -
/mqconsole show - is the newer window (ctrl + `)

This is the older one - https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2chatwnd.110/

/plugin mq2chat unload to not have mq output go to your eq windows

Solution
I was playing around with both of those but could not get it to work. Obviously I did not play around enough. I will try again in a few. Thanks, Sic. ;)

I was playing around with both of those but could not get it to work. Obviously I did not play around enough. I will try again in a few. Thanks, Sic. ;)
mq2chatwnd is the indie window for mq stuff to go into
mq2chat is the plugin that puts mq stuff in your everquest windows
mqconsole is the newer console window that allows you copy/paste and all sorts of other stuff

I hate to be that guy, but how about the first issue?

I downloaded and installed EQ, using nothing but the default settings. The same thing with the RG launcher.

When I try to launch the character, I get an error message saying: eqgame.exe does not exist at for TOON (firiona)(profile group), set from eq installs
When I click the edit button next to the Play button under AutoLogin->Characters, I get a little popup called Play With Params, where it asks me for a hot button and EQ Path, where it says <default> Now, if I locate the EQ game, and click OK the game starts up and all is cool. But if I close down everything and start over, I get the same errors all over again. And, again, if I locate the EQ game exe, again it works. Advice, please.

Edit: Never mind, I found the correct way to alter the path to the EQ game client. And I found my old nice MQ window as well. Many thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Question - MQ Window gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back