• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 Dev Scare Tactics? (1 Viewer)

FunWithUs

RedCents
For those of you who have VIP Access:
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12143
dont_know_at_all said:
We don't like it but there's nothing illegal about selling a compiler service for MQ. If we catch you, you're banned and we'll make your life miserable.

Warp is being tracked on the servers, so enjoy it while you still can.

I'm not sure how true this is, but hearing that from DKAA is enough to make me step back and pause a moment about it. It's the first time I ever saw one of the devs acknowledge anything of this nature. Normally when people say that Sony is cracking down on MQ2 users they blow it off.

Has using Warp become more dangerous in some way? Or is this just the MQ2 devs using scare tactics to discourage people from continuing to use it?

Any thoughts?

I dont think they are tracking any minimal warps, it would be to much recource to do so since a reg warp is the same a clint/server side lag.

However we do know for a fact they are able to track warps by pulling logs and checking for when certian mobs die or by flagging your acct and keeping an eye on you. This is main reason why Ghost got nailed so hard it was easy to see a person warping over 10000 times which happens in just under a 5 min fight while using ghost, just think the kind of log generated when one used ghost to kill for hours at a time... :eek:

Not ghost melee ghost that = 10000+ warps. I honestly don't believe that they track it, or really even care to track it as long as you pay the $$. I have macros running 24/7 and some of them are heavy on the warping. I have yet to have any problems with my stuff.

I was thinking much of the same thing. Just not used to seeing that from the MQ2 devs. People speak of simular things and the devs referr to them as "chicken little", as if their paranoya was all nonsense...

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

If it's true it will just equal a nerf not bans, just like the shard bank they realized how many use it, and it wouldn't be practically to lose that much $$. (Shared still works surpsingly, but I am pretty sure the nerf is inc soon).

heres one for the Question books.

heard a little bird today tell me that on some of the servers, ppl using MQ2 during the new DoDh Hive Queen missions/raids <sp> are being tracked, found guilty of using MQ2 and being banned. also stating this is the reason it takes so dam long to complete that mission/raid. I have yet to even step into this area of the game but would hate to see others get f00ked if this is true.. now they way its reported to work is that SoE takes the time to scan everyones computer, <which is illegal unless you check "yes" when you first installed eq>, that is in the instance during this mission. now WTF are ppl trying to get at?

I personaly dont believe any of this bull but if you hear any info on the vine post plz, would nice to put this rumor to rest or know if its for real :)

thanx again

again i think it all comes down to what some people are doing with MQ2.

the more blatant you are with mq2 the better the chance your gonna get banned.

warping in front of people

running a macro that warps all over.. and using itwhile your at work

warp killing a mob

etc etc

just use common sense and you won't get banned

MQ2 Dev Scare Tactics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back