• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 On Multiple Boxes (1 Viewer)

Cannonballdex

RedCents: 99,999,999¢
RedCents
390¢
I am running three computers with MQ2 on all three and EQBC on the main computer. It seems I have to edit the server_toon.ini files on the computer that the toon is on. All are connected to the main computer using the main computer IP address. Question is, does each computer follow its own set of settings or do i just have to change the main settings from the main computer? Thanks for any input.

I personally just tossed my entire everquest folder into dropbox and my settings follow me on any computer I'm on. I love this setup, however if you have multiple computers on the same network using gigabit, you probably can get away with running it through a shared folder mapped drive.

Also, I'm a huge user of ISBoxer / Innerspace, as I love its window management system.

Those are my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback, I tried to run my MQ2 folder from a shared folder on my main computer, it works but the lag was so bad I immediately went back to an instance on each computer.
I personally just tossed my entire everquest folder into dropbox and my settings follow me on any computer I'm on. I love this setup, however if you have multiple computers on the same network using gigabit, you probably can get away with running it through a shared folder mapped drive.

Also, I'm a huge user of ISBoxer / Innerspace, as I love its window management system.

Those are my 2 cents.

I am running three computers with MQ2 on all three and EQBC on the main computer. It seems I have to edit the server_toon.ini files on the computer that the toon is on. All are connected to the main computer using the main computer IP address. Question is, does each computer follow its own set of settings or do i just have to change the main settings from the main computer? Thanks for any input.

You can just run the same instance of MQ2 from 1 computer and run separate instances of EQ on each computer. Not entirely sure of what you trying to accomplish.

Question - MQ2 On Multiple Boxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back