• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Multi boxing one computer (1 Viewer)

Montecarlo

RedCents
I currently play a 68 warrior, 68 enchanter, 70 magician, 68 shamman and sometimes a 70 druid. All have seperate accounts. They are all mine been doin this for over 6 years now. Everything I have done has been by 2 to 5 boxin these characters. Currently I can play 4 accounts at a time on my one computer. My favorite 4 to play are the warrior, shamman, enchanter, and magician. I use the shamman for heals and slows plus buffage, the enchanter for haste and dire charm mob, the magician for his dd's and pet, the warrior for well he's a warrior. What I would like to know if there is a way to automate the shamman slow & heals, the mag assist pet attk & nukes, and the enchanter pet attk & nukes. Not looking for the chanter to mezz mobs I can select what i want mezzed. Just want the group to assist the warrior and do what they can. All the macs I have tried seem not to work and I think it's do to the fact I'm boxin 4 accounts on the same computer. If this is correct let me know please. If there is a way to make it work that would be nice too. I am new at this macro stuff but understand the basic principles but not the programing side of it. Thanks

Yeah. You got WAAAAY too many toons running on one box.

I don't know how any of you guys who play more than one instance on one box do it.

My computer is...well. Top notch, and can't play more than one.

So I have 3 pc's to do it. Ps. Laptops are your friend.

As for your question, an easy macro to assist is below:

Rich (BB code):
Sub Event_Kill
 /delay 5s
 /squelch /target clear
 /delay 1s
 /assist WARRIORS_NAME
 /delay 2s ${Target.ID}
 /if (!${Target.ID}) {
 /echo [${Time}] NO Target...
 /return
 }
:PET_ATTACK
 /delay 1s
 /if (${Target.PctHPs} > 90) /goto :PET_ATTACK
 /pet attack
:CAST_DD
 /delay 1s
 /if (${Target.PctHPs} > 80) /goto :CAST_DD
 /cast 7
:CAST_DD1
 /delay 1s
 /if (${Target.PctHPs} > 70) /goto :CAST_DD1
 /cast 8
 /delay 5s
 /sit on

Obviously, this is just a sub event. Make your event something like:
Rich (BB code):
#Event kill "WARRIORS_NAME says INC!"

Or whatever your warriors inc statement to group is.

That way, when you do you inc statement in your group, your toons will see it, and begin their assisting.
The assist loop above is very self explainitory, if you can't figure out how to make it do what you want...then you shouldn't be using MQ2. :D

You can add, rename, make it do whatever you want. Add right clickies to your hotkey bar, and call them instead of /cast 1 using /keypress 1 (or whatever number you have them banked under).

I don't think its due to the fact you are boxing too many and macros wont work. Because I have 4 boxed on 1 computer with 3 running macros and me only playing 1.

I six box on one computer. It's a 1800 Ghz processor and I have 2 gigs of memory along with a Geforce 5700 256MB video card.

The best suggestion I have for you is to donate to the MQ2 developers and get the Autobot/Raiddruid macro in the VIP macro section. It is hands down the best macro for a multi-boxer. I use it on 5 of my toons: Enchanter, Cleric, Bard, Beastlord, and Druid. I have a custom macro for my Shadowknight to do the pulling and tanking.

Multi boxing one computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back