• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.
Resource icon

Lua - MySpells (1 Viewer) v1.24

grimmier

grimGUI
RedCents
3,051¢
grimmier submitted a new resource:

MySpells - Lua SpellBar

MySpells​

By Grimmier

Includes AbilityPicker

By Aquietone

Many thanks to him for his work on this.

Description:​

This script creates a spell bar that allows you to cast spells from your spell gems. It also allows you to memorize spells from the spell picker.

* Right Clicking on a spell gem will bring up a context menu to memorize, inspect, or clear the spell.
* Right Clicking on an Empty spell gem will...

Read more about this resource...

One step closer to an all-Lua UI. Timers look good, will give this a whirl when I get home!
Edit: may wish to consider the option to offset the timer so it doesn't get washed out by the icon when it's close? Ofc I should probably should've tried this and see if you did before I said anythIng...

Hiya!

I'm getting an error when running MySpells on my SK driver: "AbilityPicker.Lua:192 attempt to compare number with nil." I play on Laz using E3Next. It runs fine on my bots although I'm not going to be running it on them. Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT:

I added print (mq.TLO.Skill(i)) right above line 192 in AbilityPicker.Lua and the last thing it kicks out is "Tail Rake." I don't see that as a skill on my SK. Could that be the issue?

Hiya!

I'm getting an error when running MySpells on my SK driver: "AbilityPicker.Lua:192 attempt to compare number with nil." I play on Laz using E3Next. It runs fine on my bots although I'm not going to be running it on them. Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT:

I added print (mq.TLO.Skill(i)) right above line 192 in AbilityPicker.Lua and the last thing it kicks out is "Tail Rake." I don't see that as a skill on my SK. Could that be the issue?
this should be fixed in next push. forgot to comment out the stuff we weren't using from AbilityPicker.
that is in the skills section and we really don't care about those for a spell bar =)

@grimmier Request, if/when possible (visual, so not a rush):
- To be able to scale the whole spell bar smaller (or bigger I guess too for people big super screens).
- A lock for position
- Remove Window title?

Ty Grim, its really nice.

@grimmier Request, if/when possible (visual, so not a rush):
- To be able to scale the whole spell bar smaller (or bigger I guess too for people big super screens).
- A lock for position
- Remove Window title?

Ty Grim, its really nice.
Scaling is already there, if you right click the spell book or the title bar you can find that in the settings window =)
I will add a toggle to lock and toggle the title bar to the right click context. this way we don't have a menu bar. =)

Scaling is already there, if you right click the spell book or the title bar you can find that in the settings window =)
I'll update and try it again, only option I saw was not a scale effect, it did move the icons into the space I chose when I moved the edge of the window. Maybe I did it wrong.

so, in my quest (shared by others, no least the author of this Lua) to imgui my ui totally, we have the only, and best-in-class, "myspells". I am currently evaluating use of it, which is a little tricky since my main view screen is a war with (obv) no cast bar.
This works, no question. Running it side-by-side, I can't decide if it's just a matter of personal taste/design choice, or something "wrong" in my mind. The 2 bars go inactive at the same time - if anything, after this update, the myspell ui updates faster.
Maybe it's that the icons dull to total unobservability, have you considered an option to semi-dull them so they aren't just {backgroundColour} ? when the EQ spellbar is nop due to recovery time, the existing icons are still somewhat visible.
Other than that, which isn't actually a failing, just a preference, it works great and very snappy, esp. after this recent update.

Something I miss/want from the actual existing bar, is that while it's busy bot-casting over and over, I want to be able to list the spells/see the spell tree. Maybe you could provide something in the r-click menu or an option to show an extra button under the spell set button, to aid this? possibly, it would just show the normal spell tree as from any spell gem/slot? maybe it would further, for each item, allow you to pick from a list of (all spell gems) and when clicked, that would mem it in that slot? primarily I want this for looking at the spell list while bot is busy, but then the prior function just makes it actually go the extra mile.
thoughts on this?

Great resource/Lua :) 5 stars! can't see how to "review" so "discussion" instead.

so, in my quest (shared by others, no least the author of this Lua) to imgui my ui totally, we have the only, and best-in-class, "myspells". I am currently evaluating use of it, which is a little tricky since my main view screen is a war with (obv) no cast bar.
This works, no question. Running it side-by-side, I can't decide if it's just a matter of personal taste/design choice, or something "wrong" in my mind. The 2 bars go inactive at the same time - if anything, after this update, the myspell ui updates faster.
Maybe it's that the icons dull to total unobservability, have you considered an option to semi-dull them so they aren't just {backgroundColour} ? when the EQ spellbar is nop due to recovery time, the existing icons are still somewhat visible.
Other than that, which isn't actually a failing, just a preference, it works great and very snappy, esp. after this recent update.

Something I miss/want from the actual existing bar, is that while it's busy bot-casting over and over, I want to be able to list the spells/see the spell tree. Maybe you could provide something in the r-click menu or an option to show an extra button under the spell set button, to aid this? possibly, it would just show the normal spell tree as from any spell gem/slot? maybe it would further, for each item, allow you to pick from a list of (all spell gems) and when clicked, that would mem it in that slot? primarily I want this for looking at the spell list while bot is busy, but then the prior function just makes it actually go the extra mile.
thoughts on this?

Great resource/Lua :) 5 stars! can't see how to "review" so "discussion" instead.
Thank you for the review and feedback. it's greatly appreciated.

a few things tweaked and of note.
  • Adjusted the faded out coloring for the other gems not being cast to match, only the coloring is different and of course the timer if enabled.
  • you can right click and go to memorize on any gem at any time to open the spell picker. (an empty gem immediately opens the picker no need to choose)
    • if you have learned new spells you can right click the spell picker title bar and reload the list from your spell book.
    • you can change slot if you already have the gem picker open just right click a new one and select memorize
  • preview of casting bar once the MQ update is pushed through. until then it only updates every 1 sec so is choppy.

• View attachment preview.mp4

sorry for the spam of messages.
I see, the "memorize" r-click/prop is what I was after really :) already there, thank you ;)

I wonder, is it possible to build a set while not having them loaded/mem'd? what would be happening in my life is, I go some place with the standard set and not more, and realise, hey, they all resist fire really well (VT), and I would be better if I ran a cold lineup. I set about trying to decide what the variations of my lineup need to be to do that.
IDK maybe not worth the effort to do a standalone-builder even with the existing components. It's one of those "once a level" things I guess? Once a level-set, anyhow. Build your fire lineup, build cold lineup, build ae lineup. All of which are likely from a forum post telling the best, and could be shared.

1720567318742.png

Was playing around with new LUAs to see how they worked and if I would use them as I have not settled on current layout for my interface.

Tried to load myspells, a couple seconds later, ImGUI would error out.

Lua isnt reading the correct rank of spells from the spell book and will not memorize them if it does not read the correct rank. Spell will not have rank in the ability picker and will not memorize however an older spell without a rank will memorize just fine.

Lua isnt reading the correct rank of spells from the spell book and will not memorize them if it does not read the correct rank. Spell will not have rank in the ability picker and will not memorize however an older spell without a rank will memorize just fine.
hrm ok will have to look into that in the ability picker.

Lua - MySpells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back