• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Network Weirdness (1 Viewer)

Mongs

RedCents
100¢
Hi all.
Newbie here with a few questions if I may.
I will ask in separate threads.
Q. If I use MQ2 (running happily of my home network) and later shut down & reboot computer then the home network will not allow downloads or allow me to log onto EQ.
Yet if I change computer connection to hotspot off my phone there is no issue.
Any ideas what is happening here?
Regards and ty.
Mongs

are you using some kind of vpn? or have your network settings to public instead of home? or your firewall blocking things it shouldnt?

home network will not allow downloads or allow me to log onto EQ.
What exactly is happening? When you say it won't let you... is it giving any type of error message? When you try to load EQ? When you try to download (from other locations on your network or from somewhere on teh intarwebz)?

Can you get to websites in a browser?

Could be firewall (windows based/router based), could be a DNS issue, could be antivirus.

Hi all.
Newbie here with a few questions if I may.
I will ask in separate threads.
Q. If I use MQ2 (running happily of my home network) and later shut down & reboot computer then the home network will not allow downloads or allow me to log onto EQ.
Yet if I change computer connection to hotspot off my phone there is no issue.
Any ideas what is happening here?
Regards and ty.
Mongs

We would need much more information to help troubleshoot this. ISP? Modem type? Router type? Connection type? Network diagram?

Just guessing from what you've provided I would suspect some issue with your router handing out your IP address via DHCP. What happens if you reboot a 2nd time?

There could be a myriad of reasons why. Need more information and what troubleshooting steps you have taken to remedy the problem. Do you control your home network? Or are you under someone else's supervision? Virus check? Can you pin or tracert the everquest servers?

Windows 11? Likely you have networks setup differently in Windows so one network is viewed as public and your hotspot listed as Private. You actually have 3 different firewall setups.

Thanks all for your responses.
I wil go through them and see if I can work it out from there.
Appreciated and I will get back when I work through some of the suggestions.
Cheers

IRL - Network Weirdness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back