• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - New dps for synergy (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
I have 2 berserkers going on my crew and wondering if its true that now, rogues and monks are catching up to the higher dps. I see rogues on raids parses very high. I'm currently 1 of the few that bring my team of 2 to a raid and now they are splitting up due to synergy, so did berserkers get a nerf? For group purpose, ill keep the 2 going, but maybe its time to start my old rogue or monk. Looking for thoughts

I have 2 berserkers going on my crew and wondering if its true that now, rogues and monks are catching up to the higher dps. I see rogues on raids parses very high. I'm currently 1 of the few that bring my team of 2 to a raid and now they are splitting up due to synergy, so did berserkers get a nerf? For group purpose, ill keep the 2 going, but maybe its time to start my old rogue or monk. Looking for thoughts
rogues are crazy against humanoid mobs, they do real well.

I also enjoy rogues, so my current dps is ber, rog, bst (with shd, shm, brd) for my main team

The only issue with monks over rogues is that monks offer no real ADPS. Double attack is maxed for every class now so their spam buff does nothing. The rogue’s accuracy buff still does.

The rogue’s epic click also increases their DPS and the raid’s DPS while the proc is active on the target - monks’ epic is useless.

While monks and rogues are both very high DPS this expansion, I think rogue is the most prudent choice. And this is coming from a monk main since SoL.

The only issue with monks over rogues is that monks offer no real ADPS. Double attack is maxed for every class now so their spam buff does nothing. The rogue’s accuracy buff still does.

The rogue’s epic click also increases their DPS and the raid’s DPS while the proc is active on the target - monks’ epic is useless.

While monks and rogues are both very high DPS this expansion, I think rogue is the most prudent choice. And this is coming from a monk main since SoL.
Monks bringing no adps is so awfully incorrect it’s disgusting especially from someone claiming to main a monk! They offer a huge adps boost from their synergy especially for those using 2hnd ;) Ber are well placed right now as are monks. Rogues do well against humanoids. If you’re pulling multiples the ber and mnk get a nice boost from devastating assault and furious rampage/mnk equivalent

as a Rogue i LOVE grouping with a Monk on raid when they pop there energy returned on hit or dmg ability esp on long fights or fights i die on that top off of energy realy help me keep up max DPS or get back in the fight.

Monks bringing no adps is so awfully incorrect it’s disgusting especially from someone claiming to main a monk! They offer a huge adps boost from their synergy especially for those using 2hnd ;) Ber are well placed right now as are monks. Rogues do well against humanoids. If you’re pulling multiples the ber and mnk get a nice boost from devastating assault and furious rampage/mnk equivalent
Wow. that's awfully dramatic. I am sorry for whatever I said that elicited such a defensive response. I run 42 and am able to solo about 1/2 of NoS and LS. I no longer raid with a guild on a single character because I have become a cheating asshole. I am just speaking from having run a monk in place of a rogue or a ranger in my standard DPS groups and seeing where they land.

Most of this is anecdotal as it is very hard to run blanket *one vs. the other* comparisons of live raids due to unexpected things interfering with DPS and causing small variations. My personal experience is that monks don't give as much as a rogue or a ranger, not that they're terrible. The best combination I have found for raid groups is BRD, SHM, ROG, BER, RNG, BST. This is just from my experience and parses over about 120 raid instances during this xpac (only 20 of which I ran a monk and it was a single monk). These were also from different expansions, CoV, ToL, NoS, and LS. ToL and NoS see a larger drop from going monk over rogue because of all the low level humanoids plus the ADPS.

Every time I ran a monk, my raid DPS numbers were about 1-1.5 million lower than with a rogue, and about 2 million lower if I replaced a ranger instead. I should also note that in each of these instances the monk itself was higher DPS than the other rogues or rangers. This is what made me believe it was an ADPS issue.

I should see if I can find my old parses and post some examples. My raid crew is also very DPS-centric so most fights don't last long enough for the rogues to run out of endurance. There are some exceptions, but even on the longer fights rogues are very high as are beastlords.

Maybe I am seeing this wrong. Let me know what you're seeing. No hate or disrespect just letting him know what I'm seeing from an objective standpoint running and scripting 42-man raids.

Edit: I should add that all characters are above 4k HDex, have raid focuses, and their Rk. III spells and discs.

Question - New dps for synergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back