• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Not another useless update thread ! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
To someone who understands some of the coding changes in Eqgame.exe ,

Some questions...
Do these changes server any other purpose besides to delay MQ2 devs and decoders?
Can you tell if certain things will be unusable due to coding difference?
If so much code was changed, there must be things that are different that were not mentioned in the patch, correct?
What is the point of them reorganizing the warp packet coding? Is it more efficient in any way?
Any clue why they would change so much code? Do you think it will serve a purpose to them in the future? Or is it just to grief Devs? (Relates to question 1 I guess)

Mochila said:
To someone who understands some of the coding changes in Eqgame.exe ,

Some questions...
Do these changes server any other purpose besides to delay MQ2 devs and decoders?
Can you tell if certain things will be unusable due to coding difference?
If so much code was changed, there must be things that are different that were not mentioned in the patch, correct?
What is the point of them reorganizing the warp packet coding? Is it more efficient in any way?
Any clue why they would change so much code? Do you think it will serve a purpose to them in the future? Or is it just to grief Devs? (Relates to question 1 I guess)

The changes probably had some purpose other than to fuck with MQ2 Devs, but generally unless a new feature is added, it's either to fix their blatant fuckups or to fuck up MQ2.

Mochila said:

I don't see any reason for removing the spawn list from the client side other than to thwart cheaters. It appears that this implementation is still majorly buggy too. When a cleric in my group went LD the other day, it was like the mob we were fighting took on her name or something... Every time the mob would cast complete heal, it would say "<cleric's name> begins to cast a spell" - The mob was showing the casting animation and everything. Plus, a /target "cleric's name" would target the mob we were fighting, and show the cleric's name in the target box complete with targetting ring at its feet, but if you clicked the mob, it would show the mob's name.

It appears we're going to be patching for a LONG time. The way the client is dealing with the spawn list is just totally wrong, whatever the implementation may be.

-CodeCaster

Not another useless update thread !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back