• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Qeynos floor with leaves? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
252¢
Was looking to see if I need to update my UI, was over on EQinterface.com and ran across this image posted there in the example pics (not my UI was just browsing) and I saw leaves in between the cobblestones. The walls and flags have a lower quality look. I was right in Qeynos by chance, so I went to the same spot and took a pic. The first one must be an EMU? The name shows as well, so again must be emu? I kinda like the leaves.
1716740485562.png1716740878052.png

Was looking to see if I need to update my UI, was over on EQinterface.com and ran across this image posted there in the example pics (not my UI was just browsing) and I saw leaves in between the cobblestones. The walls and flags have a lower quality look. I was right in Qeynos by chance, so I went to the same spot and took a pic. The first one must be an EMU? The name shows as well, so again must be emu? I kinda like the leaves.
View attachment 61929View attachment 61930
Graphics and effects turned higher then your used to. Everytime i do a clean install *oh this looks ok... turn everything low* :hfive:

this reminds me back in the day - was over a friend's house with my pc - assassin ghoul room in lguk iirc, and his wall looked like boxes/crates or something (it has been a long time) and mine looked like smeared dogshit. was something about his vid card - not even graphics settings but something about my trash handmedown card lol

I grew up in Qeynos and its been a while since I visited so I went back and did not see any green between the stones. But it seems familiar.

Maybe cause no one visits Qeynos anymore so the groundskeepers are not keeping up on stuff and letting moss grow between the stones?

Don't want to scare you, but I had some very strange graphics effects occur when my GPU on my AMD Pentium machine started to fail - way back in yester-century. Some effects were similar to this, but as it progressively malfunctioned, it rendered trees oddly, I sometimes got different graphics of armor my toon was wearing, and most strange of all, I could see the human model they used for Shadowed Men and Enchanter animations. Like it looked like a human NPC instead of being just a floating sword. That was great, but that was also right before it failed.

Don't want to scare you, but I had some very strange graphics effects occur when my GPU on my AMD Pentium machine started to fail - way back in yester-century. Some effects were similar to this, but as it progressively malfunctioned, it rendered trees oddly, I sometimes got different graphics of armor my toon was wearing, and most strange of all, I could see the human model they used for Shadowed Men and Enchanter animations. Like it looked like a human NPC instead of being just a floating sword. That was great, but that was also right before it failed.
I don't think its his, its something he saw elsewhere - EQinterface.com.

Those aren't leaves. That's the moss and weeds that grow between the g*d d****d patio stones every f*****g time even if I you use polymerized sand, roundup, or a flamethrower.

Yes, I may be scarred.

People are doing all sorts of AI upscaling to improve the base textures, the project I remember seeing I thought looked better than this but it could be something similar.

The Halas picture at this link seems to have a similar effect on the stone blocks https://imgsli.com/ODU0Ng
Too bad this stuff is emulator only - it would be kind of cool to be able to play on live with different graphics. (with some kind of toggle to let you go back and forth like most remastered games nowadays)

Question - Qeynos floor with leaves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back