• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question about copy/pasting macros for use (1 Viewer)

Oceanrescue

RedCents
Ok,
I have macroquest up and running but when I try to add a macro to my macro folder and then run it I get the following:

Couldn't open macro file: c:/program files/macro2/release/macros/trades.mac

I named the macro trades.mac

I read the guide but cant find out what i am doing wrong. I copy paste the text for the macro. I open notepad and paste it to a new file. Save it as whatever.mac and make sure all files is selected. ANSI format ok?

Here is the mac I was trying to use:

#Event SkillTrivial "#*#You can no longer advance your skill from making this item#*#"

Code:

|===========================================|
| V2.1 |
|___________________________________________|
|fletch.mac MQ2Data Compliant by Fuergrissa |
|#Events updated 12-05-04 |
|___________________________________________|

#Event SkillUp "You have become better at #1#! (#2#)"
#Event nocomp "#*#You are missing#*#"
#Event SkillTrivial "#*#You can no longer advance your skill from making this item#*#"
#Event FullInventory "#*#There was no place to put that#*#"
#Event SkillFailure "#*#You lacked the skills#*#"
#Event SkillSuccess "#*#You have fashioned the items together to create something new#*#"

Sub Main

/declare SkillFailCounter int outer
/declare SkillSuccessCounter int outer
/declare SuccessRate int outer
/declare TotalAttempts int outer

/varset SkillFailCounter 0
/varset SkillSuccessCounter 0
/varset SuccessRate 0
/varset TotalAttempts 0

:mainloop
/doevents
/call Combine
/goto :mainloop
/end

Sub Combine
/notify COMBW_CombineArea CombineButton leftmouseup
/delay 2
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv
/return

Sub DisplayStats

/echo Combine Statistics - Successes: ${SkillSuccessCounter}, Failures: ${SkillFailCounter}
/varcalc TotalAttempts ${SkillFailCounter} + ${SkillSuccessCounter}
/varcalc SuccessRate ${SkillSuccessCounter} / ${TotalAttempts} * 100
/echo Success Rate: ${SuccessRate} % out of ${TotalAttempts} attempts
/return

Sub Event_SkillUp(SkillUpText,TheSkill,int Amount)
/popup ${TheSkill} increased - ${Amount}
/echo ${TheSkill} increased - ${Amount}
/return

Sub Event_nocomp
/echo "You have run out of Componants. ((Ending Macro)) "
/popup You have run out of Componants. ((Ending Macro))
/call DisplayStats
/end

Sub Event_SkillTrivial
/echo "You can no longer advance your skill from making this item. ((Ending Macro))"
/popup You can no longer advance your skill from making this item. ((Ending Macro))
/call DisplayStats
/end

Sub Event_FullInventory
/echo "Your inventory is full, ((( Ending Macro ))) "
/popup Your inventory is full, ((( Ending Macro )))
/call DisplayStats
/end

Sub Event_SkillFailure
/varcalc SkillFailCounter ${SkillFailCounter}+1
/return

Sub Event_SkillSuccess
/varcalc SkillSuccessCounter ${SkillSuccessCounter}+1
/return

I copied all this and pasted it to where my macros file is. Am i not supposed to copy paste all of it or something? Any help would be great. Thanks

I would verify that the macroquest exe that you are running is in that specific release directory. I have copied / pasted your exact macro into my directory (personal compile) and it runs with no error.

In the past when I have made compiles for others they have run into this as well. In each and every case they had not copied their macros to the new release folder.

also make sure it is save as a .mac file not a .txt windows hides know extensions and if right click new>note pad doc it will save it as a .txt and then show .mac as part of them name to turn this off go to tools>folder options> View tab> check show knowen file types or someting like it. hope this help if it dose let me know. If not left us know too :D

Thanks guys.
I am an idiot heh, i had it saved right but to a copy of macroquest file and not the original. Dont know why i made a copy. It works great now, thanks again.

Rich (BB code):
When you post code most people like to put [ code ] before it and [ /code ](without spaces) after it so it makes a nice little box.

Question about copy/pasting macros for use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back