• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Guide - Replicating UI File Contents (1 Viewer)

RedCents
313¢
Don't do this without backing up your UI files!

Step one. Log in one toon and setup UI. Have no other toons logged in.
Step two: Log out toon normally and it will save the UI.
Step three: Load up VSCode and paste this code in a blank powershell file. PS1.

Powershell:
# Define the source file path
$sourceFile = 'C:\Games\Everquest\UI_TOONNAME.ini'

# Define the directory containing the existing files
$destinationDirectory = 'C:\Games\Everquest\'

# Read the content of the source file
$content = Get-Content -Path $sourceFile -Raw

# Get a list of all files in the destination directory that start with 'UI_' except the source file
$files = Get-ChildItem -Path $destinationDirectory -File | Where-Object { $_.Name -like 'UI_*' -and $_.FullName -ne $sourceFile }

# Replicate the content to the filtered files
foreach ($file in $files) {
    Set-Content -Path $file.FullName -Value $content
}

Write-Output "Content replicated to all files starting with 'UI_' except the source file successfully."

Update the Source file and destination path.

Step four: Run the script.

Step five: Log in and verify.

Last edited:
Thanks Burd, this was a complete solution that saved me a lot of time. Hopefully we don't have to do this again, but I'll settle for "hopefully we don't have to do this again next patch".

I guess the silver lining is I took the opportunity to organize my UI slightly better?

Coincidentally, thank you for using the same install directory as me so I had to type less words to make this work.

Guide - Replicating UI File Contents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back