• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - RG installed on multiple devices? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
158¢
Hello all, I have a laptop that I tried to install RG on, which did install but when I tried to log in through the launcher, no matter what I do it does not authenticate with the forums. Can you have the same RG installed on two devices at once? I thought I would need to pay for a second instance so I created a 2nd account but now I have received an email stating suspicious login activity, creating a 2nd account and have been issued a warning with +3 points for doing so.

What can I do to clear this up?

Solution
you should be able to have multiple devices run rg and mq

you might need to do some cookie cleanout or change browser, sometimes helps for it to authenticate, if you peruse the rg launcehr discussion thread you will find some infoirmation and or help there.
you should be able to have multiple devices run rg and mq

you might need to do some cookie cleanout or change browser, sometimes helps for it to authenticate, if you peruse the rg launcehr discussion thread you will find some infoirmation and or help there.

Solution
Hello all, I have a laptop that I tried to install RG on, which did install but when I tried to log in through the launcher, no matter what I do it does not authenticate with the forums. Can you have the same RG installed on two devices at once? I thought I would need to pay for a second instance so I created a 2nd account but now I have received an email stating suspicious login activity, creating a 2nd account and have been issued a warning with +3 points for doing so.

What can I do to clear this up?
You can defiantly have RG and EQ on multiple devices. I currently have it on 3 with out issue. Yes i own all 3 PC's :) As far as the warnings, ill see what i can do. If i cant figure it out, ill elevate it for ya.

What kaen said, I have it installed on 2 PC's and 2 laptops, biggest issue is check your cookies/browser choice. Also as kaen said, somebody.. 3? weeks ago had this issue, and posted the fix either in login or discord thread for it, was a one off i hadnt seen.

All caches cleared, 5 different browsers and still no dice, it'll pop open the website and state please return to the app, if the window is left open it will actually log into the website but not authenticate in the process.

1717117019769.png

Totally spaced the laptop was only running windows 7 , had a bunch of conflicts within RG with not being able to read important DLL's and since most all browsers no longer run well with Win7 I wasn't going to get anywhere haha. Sad this laptop in it's prime served me very well, Asus ROG G73SW.
not laughing at you, glad you got it straight. just poking fun at Knightly.

Question - RG installed on multiple devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back