• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Run speed (1 Viewer)

cheeky monkey

RedCents
Anyone else get an odd speed bug today? I logged on 2nd acct and my cleric seems to have ghetto speed 30 on all the time...obviously without MQ on or even loaded. sit/stand spell book open/close are also super fast.

edit: must be some physics engine bug. noticed on further evaluation that the spell casting is also way too fast and even after cast bar is empty the spell wont land until proper time has elapsed.

I loaded another account to see what was up and that one seems super slow. when I view my druid with the cleric's eyes, the druid looks like he is panting. (normal breathing speeded up) All graphics are at a fraction of regular speed. Spell effects, emotes, other players running...etc. I wonder if there is any reason for it.

I did reload and it was the same. I wonder if there may be a possible advantage hidden somewhere....hmm.

When I use autocircle on the "fast" session and view a toon with another account, I see the toon popping in and out. Kind of like mini warp.

Today: Same thing. Dosnt matter which account I load first....the second session has this bug. I asked a friend to watch my toon in a lag free zone and he verified that my toon was popping in and out while running.

No complaints here, just wondering what is up with it and how I can use it to my advantage.

cheeky monkey said:
I did reload and it was the same. I wonder if there may be a possible advantage hidden somewhere....hmm.

When I use autocircle on the "fast" session and view a toon with another account, I see the toon popping in and out. Kind of like mini warp.

Today: Same thing. Dosnt matter which account I load first....the second session has this bug. I asked a friend to watch my toon in a lag free zone and he verified that my toon was popping in and out while running.

No complaints here, just wondering what is up with it and how I can use it to my advantage.

reboot your computer, bet it goes away.

I've noticed that problem a few times too. I play on a laptop, and the only two or three times that I've encountered it have been when I started EQ up and loaded into the world while running off battery power (as opposed to keeping it plugged into the wall, as I normally do). My computer is set to run slower when not charging, so that it won't drain the batter as fast. I wasn't sure if this had something to do, but it seemed that some things where going real fast, while others weren't. For example, buffs faded faster, I could run faster, cast spells faster, etc. However, when spells were done casting (on my screen), they wouldn't actually land until the REAL cast time had passed.

Run speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back