• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Server selection (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
What’s a good normal live server to join? I’d like to try the game a normal way with all the no drop gear and actually needing to find it and farm it myself. What’s your suggestion?

I’d be bi big at least 3 or 4 characters.

What’s a good normal live server to join? I’d like to try the game a normal way with all the no drop gear and actually needing to find it and farm it myself. What’s your suggestion?

many folks don't really talk about what server they're on, which is a good way to approach MQ usage

FV/Mischief have awesome loot rules where you can trade gear - these are very high populated servers and makes gearing toons much easier

other than that it is a toss up.

low population often means less bazaar market - but also fewer people to run into
high population (like mischief/fv) means robust economy, but more people to run into

here is a post where this was discussed a couple years ago

I'm on Bristlebane in the Ring of Valor guild. I believe it's the most popular live, nodrop server. It has a healthy competitive raiding scene and at least one open raid that runs regularly.

am emu server with no down times lol

I'm on Bristlebane in the Ring of Valor guild. I believe it's the most popular live, nodrop server. It has a healthy competitive raiding scene and at least one open raid that runs regularly.
And for clarity, RoV has a long standing "no third party/automation" rule - as do many competitive guilds

I recently started playing on Bristlebane. It was the highest density server when I logged in for the first time after 20-something years. So far I have been liking it. Most pre-80 content is very sparse and empty. The bazaar (as of right now, 1:31 PM PST on 9/24/24) has 247 characters. Before the last wave of bans it usually had above 400. Who knows if it's related or not, but I personally suspect it is.

Discussion - Server selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back